webMethods Upgrade from 6.5 to 8.2 - Need help

In the connector service don’t you see the client:soapHTTP in the service logic?..also upload the screen shot that you currently have it from the Developer/Designer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]875[/ATTACH]
Attached the connector service we migrated from 6.5 to 8.2.
It has client:soapHTTP, but I do not know how to modify the code to replace it with client:soapClient.
Connector service example.jpg

In the develop client on the step client:soapHTTP and in the properties window replace the service with pub.client:soapClient (and then save the connector service) and make sure the service inputs/outputs maps correctly (remap the links from pipelineIn/pipelineout)

HTH,
RMG

watt.server.xml.ncname.encode.backward.compatibility

After upgrade, if this parameter is set to ‘true’ in config/server.cnf, change it to false as this will have effect in all the new web services. It should be set to false.

This property might get dropped in future releases as the 6.5 and 7.x web services stack might not be supported in later versions.

In individual web service providers/consumers, there will be a pre-compatibility mode setting which we can set to ‘true’.

-Senthil

[ATTACH=CONFIG]877[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the useful info:

But I don’t see this key in the show/hide keys in the Extended in 8.2.2 server install

watt.server.xml.ncname.encode.backward.compatibility

If not there do we need to explicitly set it?

My bad… Misunderstood this property… I see from documentation the below details with respect to this property… This has nothing to do with pre-compatibility mode for all web services to be specific after upgrade… Even I don’t see it in my instance… Will check and get back…

Update WSDLs
1 Start Integration Server 8.2 SP2.
2 Review the migrationLog.txt file in the 8.2_installation_directory\install\logs
directory. If you see this error:
A property watt.server.xml.ncname.encode.backward.compatibility exists in
config/server.cnf with value as true. Make sure you make the required changes
as specified in the upgrade documentation. Not doing so could have adverse
effects as support for this property may be dropped in a future release.
Update your WSDLs as follows:
a In Integration Server Administrator, go to the Settings > Extended page. If you have
the extended setting watt.server.xml.ncname.encode.backward.compatibility and
it is set to true, reset it to false.
b Regenerate the clients for all Provider Web services that have an operation with
field names starting with “xml” in the input signature, output signature, header,
or faults.
****"

-Senthil

OK great: