Webmethods on Azure cloud possible?

Hi All,

I am trying to identify best solution for following scenario. Please advise and help.

Organization has several applications and planning for application cloudification. Currently these applications are integrated with webMethods and all are pub-sub architetecture where broker is used to decouple. Based on cloudfication result, applications will be hosted on Azure cloud and on-premise. We have to integration applications hosted in Azure and applications hosted in Azure with on-premise hosted applications. So, I have Cloud to Cloud integration (Azure cloud) and cloud (azure) to on-premise. Now I want to leverage webMethods could features for C2C and Hybrid scenario. I have following options.

1. Have webMethods container edition to Cloud to Cloud integration.So that I can lift and shift. However, based on my understanding, I need to deploy on webMethods cloud (not on Azure cloud). This option I wouldn’t prefer because of security. Please correct my understanding.

2. Have webMethods traditional instance on Azure. This will do C2C and broker on Azure cloud will communicate with broker on on-premise for Hybrid.

Please correct my understanding and advise.

Thanks
Vijay

Both apporachs are possible.

webMethods can run on Azure (please contact you local SAG representatives or look into the documentation for the certified versions). But with this approach yo uneed to do the integration to on premisemostly yourself. For messaging I would highly recommend to go with Universal Messaging for cloud installation/integrations.
Using webMethods Integration cloud gives you more out of the box, especially easy interation with on premise webMethods.

When going to the cloud personally I would prefer using as much cloud patterns as possible, therefore doing a cloud-cloud integration ad not only moving you on premise IT into one big cloud instance. Therefore I think using webMethods Integration cloud together with you applications in Azure is a viable option. But this depends highly on you detailled architecture. I would recommend discussing this with an architect from SAG in your vicinity.

Hi Martin,

In continuation to Vijay’s query, and your response:

1> When you say, wM IS runs on Azure: You mean a docker image of IS and UM on MS Azure or any CSP for that matter ? As i understand , if we have to Lift and Shift, the scripts provided by SAG helps to migrate on to the EC2 instance on AWS.

2> Using the Integration cloud approach: My query is, how do we migrate the existing integrations which are on premise to Integration cloud ? Is there any way we can do this ? Any documentation on this, will certainly help.

BEST Regards
Vipul

Using the Integration cloud approach: My query is, how do we migrate the existing integrations which are on premise to Integration cloud ? Is there any way we can do this ? Any documentation on this, will certainly help.

Ans:
Using Lift and Shift (via container/docker scripts provided by SAG) from on-premise to your cloud tenant.

HTH,
RMG

with 10.3 we have new feature of Cloud Deployment. Existing code\flowservices\java service etc can be deployed to Software AG cloud directly from designer. There should be more information coming out soon.

Yes I echo the same and this great feature is available in 10.3 GA and hope this helps lot of on-prem to cloud initiative customers!!!

HTH,
RMG