Webmethods IS 6.1 cluster using database external repository

Hi,

I am able to create and run a file based external repository, but not a database repository.

INTEGRATION SERVER SETUP

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on Windows XP with wM 6.1.
The Java version is Sun SDK 141 version 6.
I am using the JDBC Adapter in the IS and can sucessfully connect to Oracle using Oracle’s 9.2.0.1.0 version of ojdbc14.jar and nls_charset12.jar in
F:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\lib\jars

I configured a JDBC Adapter connection using the connection settings:

1. Using DataSource Class �oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource�
    user �wm61�
    And other properties �url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521/orawm6
  2. Using DataSource Class �oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource�
    user �wm61�
    And other properties �url=jdbc:oracle:oci:@orawm6

REPO SETUP

I created a logs and lib directories in
F:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\reposerver
I copied the ojdbc14.jar and nls_charset12.jar to
F:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\reposerver\lib

Using the same URLs & Driver on the repoui.bat setup screen the JVM exits after a couple of seconds and i get the following error in IS_DIR\reposerver\lib\repo20040727.log:
2004-07-27 12:59:47 GMT+03:00 [ISC.0067.0099C] Repository Server initialization failed: com.wm.app.repo.RepositoryException: com.wm.app.repo.RepositoryException: com.wm.util.queue.ValuesHashException: No suitable driver

An example of the repoui.bat screen I use is:
Database
URL �jdbc.oracle.thin:@//localhost:152/orawm6�
Driver �oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource�
Login ID �wm61�
Max Conn �10�
Min Conn �1�
RetryCount �3�
Retry Delay �500�
Max Lock Wait �indefinite�
Max Lock Hold �indefinite�
HostName = �localhost�
Port = �5559�

I can see the jar files do get added to the REPOCLASSPATH in the calls, but the error message indicates no driver?

this is the call to repoui.bat:

F:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\reposerver>“F:\webMethods61\jvm\win142\jre\bin
\java” -Djava.security.policy=repo.policy -Xms128M -Xmx256M -classpath “F:\webMe
thods61\IntegrationServer\lib\mail.jar;F:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\lib\pro
xy.jar;F:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\lib\looks-all.jar;F:\webMethods61\Integ
rationServer\lib\kunststoff.jar;F:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\lib\swingall.j
ar”;“F:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\reposerver\lib\nls_charset12.jar”;“F:\web
Methods61\IntegrationServer\reposerver\lib\ojdbc14.jar” com.wm.app.repo.Main “F:
\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\reposerver”\config\ini.cnf -debug 5 -log none

I get the same if I try using repostore.bat, setting up the repository as a windows service, running the repoconfig.bat before changing the repoui.bat, making minor variations to the URL.

Note: I have the same problem on AIX OS. File based works and registers, database repository exits with same error.Has anyone sucessfully used the file based version?

Thanks in advance,

Javed

I should mention I initially got the No Class Def Found Error:

Loading superclasses of oracle/jdbc/pool/OracleDataSource]
[Signaling in VM: java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError, message: javax/sql/DataSource]

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:703)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:13
  1.  at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:319)

which I got around by adding the javaxsql.zip file from F:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars To F:\webMethods61\IntegrationServer\reposerver\lib

Javed

All,

I’ve finally got it to work with some help from webMethods PS.
It works with classes12.jar or ojdbc14.jar.

The only limitation is you MUST use the one Driver:

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Although all the other drivers get loaded, there is a bug which does not recognize them?

So my issue was I was using the driver which works with the JDBCAdapter:

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

This seems a serious problem because Oracle say the version which works with the reposerver will be phased out, and they recommend using the later version.

Is webMethods aware of this problem and is there a fix or solution to it?

Many thanks

Javed