WebMethods Installation best Practice

Hi All,

We have a requirement of installing 10 integration server instances in Dev environment. Can anyone please suggest me the best way to achieve this? Confusion is whether to have single install of IS and configuring multiple ports or going with installation of 10 IS installation separately ? Could you please also throw Pros and cons of each approach. Thank you in advance.

If you are going to use wM9x versioin, install once, create 10 instances and make use of those. Kindly refer wM guides to create instances.
Let us know if you see any issue.

Thanks,

If you are going to use wM9x versioin, install once, create 10 instances and make use of those. Kindly refer wM guides to create instances.
Let us know if you see any issue.

Thanks,

You can leverage the feature of “Running Multiple Integration Server Instances”.

You can create and run multiple instances of Integration Server on the same host
machine with a single physical installation of webMethods Integration Server. This is
not the same as clustering, which is described in webMethods Integration Server Clustering
Guide. When running multiple instances of Integration Server on the same host machine,
each server has its own packages, configuration files, log files, and updates; however,
unlike clustering, all of the server instances can share common libraries. Sharing
the common library files reduces the amount of overhead and effort involved when
installing fixes and patches on each server.

You manage each server instance separately using the Integration Server Administrator.
You can also perform certain management, configuration, and monitoring tasks from
a single location using Software AG Command Central. For information about using
Software AG Command Central to manage Integration Server instances, see the
Command Central documentation.

Thank you both for your quick response. I can see some advantage with going one install and multiple ports (instances) as per your description. Would it be possible for you to give Pros and Cons with each type?

In our project, till date we were accessing the remote dev servers using designer in windows servers.

Now as we need to implement local development with SVN integration, I need a local development environment. We have licence for Linux only and trail licences for windows can’t be used for same.

Now I need to know how to install linux and webMethods, if VMWare is any role to play here?

Thank you!