webMethods Ezine Writing Custom Handlers for TN and the IS

Nilesh,

did you ever get this custom content handler development guide ? I would be quite interested to get it

thanks

Philippe

Hi,
We are sending documents to our partners through HTTP.
When we tried to send the documents to our
partner through TN, They said the Request
Method was “GET”, but they require us “POST”.

1. Can webMethods Trading Network configure the “POST” when sending ?
  2. If we are sending documents under “GET”, how we can change the
    Request Method to “POST” ?

Thnaks in advance,
Roshan.

The immediate delivery methods built-in to TN for HTTP/S use the post method, not get. How specifically are you using TN to deliver the data?

Hi Rob,

Thanx for the respone.

We are using HTTP. I am unable to send xml data to my parteners using TN console. I have done all the configuration for parteners info in TN. We are able to get request but unable to send.
We are using webmethod version: 6.1 on Linux.

Is there any patches we need to update?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Roshan.

How exactly do you have TN configured to send the documents? How is the processing rule defined? I understand that HTTP is involved but we need to know precisely how you have things set up. The TN delivery methods (that is, when you select “Immediate Delivery” with one of the HTTP options, or “Receiver’s Preferred Protocol” and the protocol is HTTP) use HTTP POST. I suspect that you’re not using TN delivery and instead are calling a service which is calling pub.client:http with the method parameter set to “get”.

Strictly speaking, “TN Console” doesn’t send anything. TN Console is the UI to configure TN and view activity. TN itself does the work to send and uses pub.client:http underneath the covers with the method parameter set to “post”.

Hi Rob,

Thanx for ur reply. We resolved the above problem. We have one more problem.
Can you please advice us as it is very urgent.

We have 2 WM servers running. Development server (DEV) and Productuon server (Prd). When we are importing the package from DEV server to Prd server, after completing all the imports to Prd server, the Prd server is automatically shutting down. When we tried to restart, Prd server is not starting properly. When we look Prd server logs, it is stopping at " TRANET: Starting webMethods Trading Networks, TRANET: Loading system configuration".

We couldn’t able to proceed further. Please let us know mistake where we are doing.

Thanks in advance,
Roshan.

How did you resolve the first problem? It would be helpful for those who come across this same issue in the future and search the forums.

Which package(s) did you migrate from dev to prd? How exactly did you migrate the settings? Have you tried an IS restart with the debug level set higher than 4?