WebMethods development life cycle

Hi gurus,

I deeply searched the forums, but I could not found the answers yet, so please help me.
Does anyone used or heard about metrics about quality (defects rate) and productivity (development rate) with wM?

Thanks in advance!

These metrics can be provided by wM if you contact your regional sales people, I believe they are part of some of the sales pitches I’ve been to in last couple of years. But if you are looking to get this information from neutral sources it will come at a price. Try http://www.forrester.com or http://www.gartner.com for some of the research.
Adnan

hi friends,
can anyone say the difference between webMethods 4.6 and webMethods 6.1?does the components developed in webMethods 4.6 work in webMethods 6.1?

Advantage has material that describes the differences in all the webMethods products between 4.6 and 6.x. You should be able to find what you need there, depending on what you mean when you say “webMethods 4.6/6.1”. :slight_smile:

The major differences in the webMethods Integration Server and Broker products between IS 4.6 / Broker 5.0 and the current versions IS 6.5 and Broker 6.5 are:

• Adapter Runtime (ART) architecture - all 6.x adapters run inside the Integration Server using the WmART package functionality []More ‘native’ connectivity between IS and Broker resulting in much higher performance and ability to use IS triggers to subscribe to Broker events (now called publishable document types) []Developer looks much more “Eclipse-like” with resizeable panes for navigation, editor and properties/results windows []WmDB replaced by a 6.x JDBC adapter with much better connection pooling and connection management functionality []BrokerJMS supports using Broker 6.x as a JMS provider. JMS Adapter allows IS to consume messages from JMS topics and queues []Lots of bug fixes and functionality improvements []Embedded Tomcat servlet container and webMethods JSP taglibs to allow IS to serve JSP pages in addition to DSP pages

What did I miss, gang?

Mark