WebMethods AIX Environnement

Hi community,
Is there anybody werked before with webMethods suit on AIX environnement? any feedback? performence? name of the company?

please it’s very importante for me to have this information,

Regards,

Hi,

Yes, it works just as any other Unix system.
Only real change is the fact you will use the IBM JVM (included in the installation).

Best Regards.

hi,
thank you Gerardo for your reply,
could you please tell me names of some companies that use AIX environnement to take them as a reference to justify our choice in our company, also is there any impact on the performonce if using WebMethod with AIX environnement,

Nezha,
Regards

Hi,

Performance depends on the number of alocatted CPUs and memory.
You have to take in account that cost+licenses vs the same on other types of systems.

I don’t know of any comparison of performance between AIX and other systems.

As for references, you should really ask IBM or SAG.

Best regards,

I echo with Gerardo. Performance depends on many parameters.

Do I know why do you want to opt AIX ? I have been using Unix/Linux for years, I am okay with the performance.

Thanks,

Operating system should not be a choice based on the products that will be installed. As long as SAG products works in Windows, Linux, AIX etc., any of these OS could be used by customer and if they have got any problem, SAG would support.

If the customer has already procured webMethods licenses, you can verify in the license file for which operating systems the license file has been provided… Again, this would not have been the choice from Software AG, but based on customer’s request of OS, the license files would have been generated and sent to the customer.

If customer has not procured webMethods licenses for using any products, and you are pretty much in the initial phase, then you should engage sales/pre-sales…

Regards
Senthil

hi,
thank you all for your answers,
Actually we have lisences and our products on AIX environnement, but we have problems with some products that shudown suddenly :confused: that’s why i was asking for the performence and stability of webMethods product on AIX environnement,

Regards,
Nezha

Nezha,
If that is the case, the investigation step should be to find why shutdown happens. This has nothing to do with performance of the product. May be you can start a new thread with the actual problem that you faced.

Regards
Senthil

hi,
thank you Senthilkumar G,

yes i did it this isthe name of the first one, if you can help : UM shutdown suddenly, wrraper ping jvm UM shutdown suddenly, wrraper ping jvm - webMethods - Software AG Tech Community & Forums

Rgareds,
Nezha,