Webmethods 9 Durable subscriber issue with a JMS trigger

Hi

I am using a JMS trigger which I’d like to stop without keeping the messages sent during the unavailability period. The problem is this trigger must also perform load balancing which I believe means it should use a durable subscriber. Could you tell me how to meet these two requirements ?

Best regards

Are you planning to disable the JMS trigger when there is no document flow?
Could you explain little bit more on your requirement?

The first requirement is that we should stop the trigger at will, while the document flow is uninterrupted. When the reigger is reactivated, there must be no document to handle. The other is that we should be able to perform load balancing, which normally implies a durable subscriber.

Hi Roger,

Target system unavailability period situation…
In order to handle this situation, you can suspend the trigger which will start queueing messages in the trigger client queue. However, you have to be careful about how long this downtime might go, and what would be the maximum number of documents that can get queued (* max size of the message). Queueing messages in trigger can lead to broker down situation if sufficient memory is not allocated.

Load balancing
I assume you are using Broker and not Universal messaging. You can configure JMS Policy based clustering (and choose appropriate algorithm - like Round Robin) which will distribute your messages to all the brokers which are clustered policy based.

Hope this helps…

-Senthil

"You can configure JMS Policy based clustering (and choose appropriate algorithm - like Round Robin) which will distribute your messages to all the brokers which are clustered policy based.
"

Senthil,
Pls explain how to configure JMS policy based clustering.