WebMethods 601 support for Oracle 902

Hi all,

We were planning on using Oracle 9.0.2 for the Core Audit and Process Audit repositories for webMethods 6.0.1. After looking closely at the “webMethods_Integration_Platform_Installation_Guide.pdf” document, page 43 seems to indicate that the audit logs require either Oracle 8.1.7 or 9.0.1.

So, the obvious question: Does webMethods 6.0.1 officially support Oracle 9.0.2?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,

Not sure about that, but what I can tell you is that one of my colleagues is using Oracle 9.2 and he’s having hassles with the triggers and notifications when the database goes down - however, the process works normally when tables/ triggers are deleted manually before restarting wM. According to support, they’ll be bringing out a service pack to cater for this in the very near future. Doesn’t quite answer your question I know, but should at least give you some pointers.

Hi Chris,

webMethods officially supports till Oracle 9.0.1…

Hi Willem,

Might be your colleagues are using Oracle 920 JDBC driver files with an Oracle 920 client to connect various Oracle databases.

Cheers,
Thota

Hi All,

When I contacted webMethods in mid of April regarding the Oracle 9.0.2/9i support, webMthods Support team said that they going to provide support late july/aug.

If any one get an update on this from technical support team, please let also me know updated info.

I appreciate your cooperation.

Thnaks

The 6.0.1 SP2 readme contains:

1-KC7YD
The Process Audit Log (used by webMethods Monitor and webMethods
Manager Server) can now be written to an Oracle 9.2 database.
Note that Oracle 9.2 support does not include support for WmDB.

SP2 is available on Advantage.