webMethods 10.15 IS Server repository switch from internalDB to external Oracle DB got JDBC ERROR

Product/components used and version/fix level:

webMethods 10.15 IS Server
Fix: IS_10.15_Core_Fix1

Detailed explanation of the problem:

after switch the IS repository from SAG InternalDB to external oracle DB, keep getting ERROR, it’s can be found from web console as well as server log:

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log file:

ERROR log:
|2023-08-21 14:22:44 EDT|wm.admin.controller:execute|java.sql.SQLException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
Caused by: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: java.sql.SQLException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended pub.alert:fetchUnread

Question related to a free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

in our dev env, this kind of change no problem, but when change it in our QA env, we got the above problem, any suggestion or solutions?

If 2 environments behave differently, then either your environments’ fix/code levels or dbs don’t match, or you have a product bug.

I would compare fix levels of ISs and DBConfigurators first, update them to latest available and check again. If it doesn’t fix your problem I would create an empower ticket.

The error message you get usually shows when you have quotes missing somewhere in your query but since the query is not custom I don’t think it is the case.

thank you Engin, our dev/and qa installed with the exact same fix level fix01 and both are same version of OS linux 4.18.0-348.12.2.el8_5.x86_64, and we ran the same db scripts against each repository schemas and I compared the DB side objects/tables, exactly same, I’d like to say from the ERROR self, probably some bug (e.g. some incomplete SQL statement) was triggered out from IS execute the service “wm.admin.controller:execute” only from qa…

If it is a product bug, then you should create a ticket from empower. You can increase the log level to find out what exactly is going on behind the scenes but I doubt it will help you fix your problem.

Hi Richard,

Engin was not referring to the IS Core Fix, but fo the fixes for DBConfigurator tool and scripts.

Additionally check the DataDirect Driver Fixes.