Webmethod questions

Hi all,

I am learning for a webmethod developer exam. can you please provide me answer for the below questions?
It will be useful for me to prepare for exam

1.File polling port can be used only to process flat files.(true or false)
2.Assign the name of variable in $iterator property to collect the output from each pass of loop (true or false)
3.We cannot install multiple instances of Integration Server under one installation directory of 9.x webMethods.(true or false)
4.For proper loading of package, the WmART package should be dependent on user defined connection package(true or false)
5.Below command is used for modifying the queue
storage file size for Broker server.
Server_utility storage dataDir -session_type qs -qs_storage_file storeFile storeSize reserveSize(true or false)
6.Do u we need to manually create trigger and buffer table for executable adapter service?(true or false?

Thank you.

See my answers below: verify the same from docs.

1.File polling port can be used only to process flat files.(true or false) – FALSE
2.Assign the name of variable in $iterator property to collect the output from each pass of loop (true or false) - I should be FALSE, $iterator gives you the number of iterations in a LOOP step.
3.We cannot install multiple instances of Integration Server under one installation directory of 9.x webMethods.(true or false) – FALSE, you can have multiple instances under the root install directory
4.For proper loading of package, the WmART package should be dependent on user defined connection package(true or false) – FALSE
5.Below command is used for modifying the queue
storage file size for Broker server.
Server_utility storage dataDir -session_type qs -qs_storage_file storeFile storeSize reserveSize(true or false) – Check the Broker Admin guide to verify the same
6.Do u we need to manually create trigger and buffer table for executable adapter service?(true or false? - FALSE, we create it for Basic Notification.

1 Like

Hi,

regarding the following questions:

2.)
Are you sure that it is $iterator?
I thought, that it is $iteration indicate the number of the current iteration in the loop.

3.)
This answer needs to be splitted:
Up to 9.5 the answer is False, there cannot be multiple IntergrationServer instances under one installation, it will only be one instance named default.
Starting with 9.6 the answer is True, there can be multiple IntergrationServer instances under one installation.
See IS Administrators Guide for the proper version for further informations on this.

4.)
Mahesh is right, but additionally I would suggest to do the other way roung, the package with custom user connection should have a dependency to the WmART package or at least to the Adapters base package which in turn has a dependency on the WmART package.