WebMethod 7.x to integrate with ServiceNow Incident management ticketing tool

Hi,

I am using wM 7.x, need to understand if wM could be integrated with ServiceNow Incident Ticketing management tool.

Please help me in this regard. :?:

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh B,

can you elaborate on the possibilities of ServiceNow:

• Is there a JavaAPI provided?
  • Is it able to expose/call WebServices?
  • Is it able to connect to a JMS Provider?
  • Can you connect to the database directly?

If at least one of the questions above can be answered with yes, there will be a way to integrate with ServiceNow, but it might no be an easy one and additionally might require support from your ServiceNow partner.

This also depends on which products of wM you are licensed to use.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your reply,

I am not very sure on ServiceNow of whether there is an API available or webService exposed or JMS connectivity.

If any from past experience have tried connecting wM7.x to ServiceNow Incident management ticketing tool.

Currently the implementation is like wM logs in dB, and these data is consumed by ServiceNow, which are independent.

Need to know if wM7.x could be integrated with ServiceNow, if so how ?

Regards
Mahesh

If you client is able to manage and upgrade to wM 9.x there is a ServiceNow Enterprise Service Management connector available.

Refer the below link for more details.

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/communities/public/webmethods/products/cloudstreams/downloads/servicenow/

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks and currently we do not have the upgrade plan. If you could advice on any option with wM7.x. It would be of great help.

Regards
Mahesh B

Hi Mahesh B,

which DB are you referring to?
Some webMethods-internal schema or a DB ServiceNow is using for its data?

You should be able to access the DB via JDBCAdapter.

Regards,
Holger

Mahesh – You can reach SAG for exact details and any easy ways to achieve the same.

Thanks,

Hi Holger,

The DB which i’m referring to is DB which ServiceNow will be using using, wM logs error message into the dB, servicenow would operate on this specific table and create incident tickets.

Thanks
Mahesh B

Hi Mahesh B,

can you try to find out which type of db ServiceNow is using and if you are able to connect to it?

If so, hopefully there will be JDBC-Type4 (pure Java) Driver available for it.
If such a driver exists you can proceed with WmJDBCAdapter.

If no such driver exists this will become more complex.

Remember to apply latest fixes to IS, ART and JDBC-Adapter.

Regards,
Holger

If the cloudstreams connector solve your needs I would try to get a migration to version 9 for this. Creating your on adapter or connection package for something already solved as connector is not a good approach imho.
7.x is already out of support for some time, so this may help for the discussion.

As I suggested earlier, convince your client for a upgrade and explore the new features in webMethods. Good luck :slight_smile: