Web Service Connector Problems

Hello,
We are using wm IS 6.5

We have a new requirement to access a remote server’s webservice. They sent me the wsdl file ( attached ) and I attempted to run the Web Service Connector utility.

It errored out. Here is a sample of what it didn’t like:
URL: C:\Documents and Settings\Localadmin\Desktop\R3C\XMLs\COEPXML\Gateway.wsdl
Path name:
PortType: Wjsbeans_Gateway
Operation: echoMessage
WSDL code: S-9043
[ISS.0092.9043] Schema Error: 1
pathName: null
errorCode: XSDC-003
errorMessage: [ISC.0082.9705] Definition not found
identifier: null

URL: C:\Documents and Settings\Localadmin\Desktop\R3C\XMLs\COEPXML\Gateway.wsdl
Path name:
PortType: Wjsbeans_Gateway
Operation: echoMessage
WSDL code: S-9032
[ISS.0092.9032] Error: Invalid schema definition for Input signature. Web Service Connector was not created.

I looked in the wm Web Services Reference on this error. It is not clear to me what the problem is or how to fix it.

I am new to Webservices and would appreciate any assistance.
Copy of Gateway.wsdl (6.12 KB)

First, the service to be consumed uses “RPC/Encoded” SOAP messaging style which will likely lead to interoperability issues with things like custom java types.

Second, the definition of the “ArrayOf_apachesoap_DataHandler” complex type contains the following reference to just such a custom java type

<attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="apachesoap:DataHandler[]"/>

So, neither IS nor XML Spy Enterprise understand how to create an array of “apachesoap:DataHandler” objects and the IS error is thrown. If you study the WSDL and its wsdl:types section you will see that there is no definition for apachesoap:DataHandler which is the source of this particular interoperability problem. The error returned by XML Spy is:

Invalid XML schema: 'soap:array basetype 'apachesoap:DataHandler[]' could not be found!'

I suggest setting expectations appropriately that there will continue to be interoperatbility issues associated with consuming the non-standard RPC/Encoded style web services. Services using this style of soap messages do not conform to the WS-I basic profile interoperability tests. This will be true if you are using any soap client other than the old version of Apache Axis used by the service provider. The web is full of message posts like yours from folks using .Net, C or other soap clients.

Mark

Hi,
I have a problem with webservice connector,
I have been run my webservice connector and the result is 0088.9133] Error while encoding RPC output.

Can Someone Help me to fix it ?

Thanks

No. You did not provide enough information.