web service connector issue while calling C# service (web service).

I am trying consume a service (provider) developed in c#. I have got the wsdl from provider and created the web servce consumer web service descriptor.
I am trying to post a request with required inputs using web service conector, and getting soap fault.
soap:Faultsoap:ServerSystem.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. —> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Allegro.DsHelper.SetSqlTracing(DataSet ds, Boolean tracing)at Allegro.Credit.WS.CreditAnalysisWS._RetrieveCreditAnalysis(CreditAnalysisDS creditAnalysisDS, String tableNames, DateTime Valuationtime, SelectCriteria criteria, String currency, String creditformat, String creditsimulation)
at Allegro.Credit.WS.CreditAnalysisWS.RetrieveCreditAnalysis(CreditAnalysisDS creditAnalysisDS, String tableNames, DateTime Valuationtime, SelectCriteria criteria, String currency, String creditformat, String creditsimulation)
— End of inner exception stack trace —</soap:Fault>

If i send a request from SOAP UI also getting the same saop fault, but the service provider saying that this is working with .NET client code properly with same input.

I attached the wsdl adn working .NET client generated soap request sample.

Lokking at the working sample schema added in line with soap request , i did not understand this .

Can anybody help on this.?
Please see the attached documents.

Thanks,
vs
service.wsdl (39.1 KB)
Working SOAP Request.xml (29.4 KB)

If you are getting the same results from Developer/soap UI then some thing is not working as expected on the server side (.net app)…Did they check more in the app logs and see whats going on?

What is your IS version and any latest web services fixes installed?

IS Version 7.1.2 and fixes
IS_7-1-2_Core_Fix10
IS_7-1-2_SrvPrtcl_Fix8
IS_7-1-2_WebSvcsXML_Fix8
IS_7-1-2_Flow_Fix2
IS_7.1.2_Core_Fix25
IS_7.1.2_SrvPrtcl_Fix21
IS_7.1.2_WebSvcsXML_Fix19
IS_7.1.2_Flow_Fix7
IS_7.1.2_PubSub_Fix7
IS_7.1.2_Core_Fix31

I was told that there is no logging/monitoring facility available right now at Service (.NET App) side.

Thanks for your help.

thanks,
VS

It sounds you have most of the WS fixes…

I can’t digest the more on the error it said:

But can you try enabled SOAP logging to debug/trace mode and check the logs while testing request?

HTH,
RMG

Please check these threads and every one pointing to either c# or server apps side issue:

[URL]http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8085759/php-soap-net-object-reference-not-set-to-an-instance-of-an-object[/URL][/u]

[URL][URL=“Is it possible to get the NullReferenceException enhanced?”]http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/da-DK/vsdebug/thread/488b3d78-ba9b-493f-9672-8153ae43e780[/u]

[URL]Also are you passing the correct inputs to WS in the request and auth?[/u]

HTH,
RMG[/u]

Yes, I am passing right user and pwd. Request reaching to Service and throwing the server fault.

Did you check the above threads…

[url]c# - SoapException Server was unable to process request on ASMX webservice in MVC site - Stack Overflow

To me it sounds not a webMethods issue…Please work with your .NET team for a work around.

HTH,
RMG

Thanks for your help. I will work with .Net team and let you know the updates.

SAG provided some fix to Microsoft package you can check this option also:

[URL]https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/KCFullTextASP/viewing/view.asp?KEY=500811-8302482&DSN=ITRAC&DST=UPDATE&HL=1&QUERY=Object|reference|not|set|instance|object&SessionID=249147456[/URL]

Not fully sure if this will fix your issue or related to it:

Hi RMG,

I trying to deploy a Counsumer WSDL http://svr-axdev1.jdl.com:8181/MicrosoftDynamicsAXAif60/CustomerService/xppservice.svc?wsdl

and getting following error

ISS.0092.9001 InvalidRegex: Pattern value ‘({[A-Fa-f0-9]{8}-[A-Fa-f0-9]{4}-[A-Fa-f0-9]{4}-[A-Fa-f0-9]{4}-[A-Fa-f0-9]{12}})’ is not a valid regular expression. The reported error was: ‘Unexpected meta character.’. [null]

Not Sure and never seen these errors earlier. Any idea to fix this

Thanks
Sai