Web Manager troubleshooting

All,

I am working with web manager and have run into an error…

In our development environment, web manager works fine. TNAdministrators and TNPartners can log in with no problem and view everything they want.

In our acceptance environment, there is a failure in the service that loads the menu bar on the left side of the screen:

wm.tnweb.configFlow:loadMenu

See below for the error message. It deals with the wm.tnweb.configSvc:getUserConfig service.

We have checked just about everything we could think of and it all seems the same between the two boxes.

Any suggestions?

The error reads:

TRNSERV.000018.000039 wm.tnweb.configSvc:getUserConfig: could not get partner specific config for com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException allConfig cannot be null com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: allConfig cannot be null at wm.tnweb.configSvc.getUserConfig(configSvc.java, Compiled Code) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.BaseService.invoke(BaseService.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowInvoke.invoke(FlowInvoke.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invokeNode(FlowState.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.step(FlowState.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invoke(FlowState.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.FlowSvcImpl.baseInvoke(FlowSvcImpl.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ns.Namespace.invoke(Namespace.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.util.template.Reporter.invoke(Reporter.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.util.template.InvokeToken.eval(InvokeToken.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.util.template.TemplateToken.evalChild(TemplateToken.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.util.template.TemplateToken.eval(TemplateToken.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.util.template.Reporter.reportNoReset(Reporter.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.util.template.Reporter.reportToOutput(Reporter.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.util.template.Reporter.reportIData(Reporter.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPDocHandler._process(HTTPDocHandler.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPDocHandler.process(HTTPDocHandler.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPDispatch.run(HTTPDispatch.java, Compiled Code) at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java, Compiled Code) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java, Compiled Code) 0

Josh,

I had the same problem. It was because my partner login was unknown in the Trading Networks database.
And I resolved the problem by giving the DUNS number of my partner as access login !

I hope that helps you

Regards,
Odile

Do you have the permissions as a Trading Networks user?
Thanks
VR

FYI… the issue was fixed by the following steps recommended by webMethods support:

“If you go to the %ISSErver%/packages/WmTN/config, open up your
properties.cnf in notepad or any text editor and remove this line:
tn.webmgr.46config=true (or comment it out) and restart your server.”

This answer was in response to the following request:

"We are having an issue with Web Manager in our acceptance environment. When
a user logs on (TNAdministrator or TNPartner), they receive an error message
in the contents bar on the left side of the page (see the Web
Manager screenshot in the zip file). This issue is not occurring in out
development or production environments.

The error arises from the wm.tnweb:loadMenu service. This service attempts
to retrieve information from the repository using a get statement. In our
acceptance environment, the information returned from the get statement is
null. This triggers an error two steps later when the service attempts to
invoke wm.tnweb.configSvc:getUserConfig. (See the two screenshots from
webMethods Developer in the .zip file).

Up to this point we have been unable to determine why the get statement is
returning null values from the repository, thus causing the error. Please
help!"

I also applied this fix to our installations and the menu is now persisting when I navigate,
Thank you,
Emmanuel

When

Shut down the server
Go to packages/WmTN/config/properties.cnf file,
change the setting tn.webmgr.60config parameter to false.
Restart the server

Cheers

Karthik Reddy D