WattEvaluationException when calling soapHTTP

First: what is the default timeout value when invoking pub.client.soapHTTP?

Second: I currently have a service executing every night making 30 back-to-back soapHTTP calls. Recently (for the past 2 consecutive nights), my service has failed on at least 1 or 2 of the outgoing soapHTTP calls.

Day 1 - java.io.InterruptedIOException. Unrecoverable timeout!.
Day 2 - [ISC.0088.0001E] SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9136] A WattEvaluationException was thrown by the XQL Query engine

both of these were not true errors, because when i retried the same soapcall with the same data 10 minutes later, it submitted successfully. Nothing has changed in my code, nor on the target server.

I realize I should have added Retry logic to the code now, on the soapHTTP call itself (perhaps retry every 5 minutes for a max of 3 times). But I’m also curious about the two different errors I received.

What is a WattEvaluationException?

Have you searched Advantage or the IS Errors document (can’t remember the exact name)?

Mark

Doh! Now I did :slight_smile:
[B][FONT=ArialNarrow,Bold][SIZE=2]

ISC.0088.9136U “A WattEvaluationException was thrown by the XQL Query engine.”
Explanation: [/b][/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype][SIZE=2]The XQL query processor encountered a serious internal error.

[/size][/font][B][FONT=ArialNarrow,Bold][SIZE=2]

Recommended Action: [/b][/size][/font][FONT=PalatinoLinotype][SIZE=2]Contact webMethods Technical Services.

[/size][/font]
Too bad it doesn’t make much sense :frowning:
Meanwhile, further research leads me to believe it indicates a ‘network connection hiccup’. I don’t understand why suddenly this is happening every night randomly on just one of my soapHTTP calls… but ok.

Is my resolution to the code itself a wise strategy? To place the soapHTTP call within a Repeat-until-Success-with-maximum-of-3-tries-every-5-minutes?

i appreciate the insight

Putting your soapHTTP calls (or any other call to a remote application) inside a repeat block is a good practice.

Any chance that a new backup job or other network intensive thing (on your side or the service provider’s) might be causing this?

Mark