Using Tamino and JDOM beta 8

We are using beta 8 of JDOM because JDOM.ORG recommends using this beta because this release fixes a lot of problems of beta 8, and also contains performance imporvement.

But when I use the JDOM accessor I have the following problem :

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.response.jdom.TJDOMInputStreamInterpreter.setRe
sponseQueryContent(TJDOMInputStreamInterpreter.java:266)
at
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.response.jdom.TJDOMInputStreamInterpreter.doInt
erpret(TJDOMInputStreamInterpreter.java:104)
at
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.response.TInputStreamInterpreter.interpret(TInp
utStreamInterpreter.java:55)
at
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.response.TResponseBuilderImpl.doBuild(TResponse
BuilderImpl.java:81)
at
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.response.TResponseBuilderImpl.buildForXML(TResp
onseBuilderImpl.java:60)
at
com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.accessor.TXMLObjectAccessorImpl.query(TXMLObjec
tAccessorImpl.java:228)
at be.forem.ebp.accessors.TestJDOM.(TestJDOM.java:38)
at be.forem.ebp.accessors.TestJDOM.main(TestJDOM.java:49) Exception in
thread “main”

I know that Tamino officially supports beta 6, but in ourt application we need to use the latest beta version. Is there somebody having a workaround for it?

Walter

We are working on upgrading to beta 8. However, this will not be in the upcoming release of Tamino. Our current plan is to make this available in a downloadable version of the Tamino API for Java in a couple of weeks.

What do you mean with the upcoming release (current release is 3.1.1.4)?

Thx

I mean the next Tamino release after 3.1.1.4. However, I can’t comment on when this will be available.
We definitivly plan a release of the Tamino API for Java in the Tamino Comunnity for download in the next couple of weeks (no, i can’t be more precise). This will include the change as well.

OK, I’ll wait for the new Java API version

Is the JDOM beta 8 now supported in the new Tamino Java API 3.1.2.4?

No, sorry.
We have changed it in development recently. It will be in the next version, which we release. However, I have currently no idea, when this will happen.

Hi There,

We are also having issues using Tamino server as we use JDOM Version 8. I am getting the MethodNotFoundException when I use with this version. Do you have any realistic idea as to when will Tamino upgrade from version 6 to version 8 of JDOM API?

Thanks,
Bikash.

The support for JDOM Beta 8 in the Tamino API for Java will be available with the next Tamino XML Server release (probably around beginning of next year).