Using Quote command FORCES TO UPPERCASE why

I am using the Quote command from within a flow service that is ftp’ing into a system and when I issue a command using the Quote (i.e. mkd) it forces it to uppercase. I have tried manually defining a string and them using it as a %variable% within the Quote command without luck. Any ideas to get around this?

Does anyone know of an ftp command (Built-in) that will perform a ‘mkdir’ & ‘!mkdir’??

Nigel, use the command quote mkd within a ftp session, i.e.

ftp>quote mkd newdirectory

HTH

We’re using Developer version 6.1

My requirement is as follows 1) I need to connect to an external ftp server. 2) download the file 3) run a mget to grab all the files that have a .txt extension 4) if multiple files, concatenate them together into one file 5) send the file to another ftp server, utilizing a put 6) upon successful completion, rename the original .txt file to a .snt extension (on the server that I originally grabbed the file from)

I’m having three issues that I wanted to ask about:

(1)Step # 4 mentioned above
(2)How to ensure in # 6 that the ftp session completed successfully - what do I evaluate to determine that? If there’s docs on that, please let me know.
(3) Does the above FTP scenario make sense?

Thanks for any help that you can provide. In addition, if any extra advice could be given concerning the above scenario, please let me know.
John