Using MQ Adapter

i am having a problem in deciding prioriteis for messages while putting them in a Queue…What kind of priorities i can set and what is the use of these priorities…Whether the message with a high priority will be pushed in front of a queue or not…plz help

Sandeep,
You can go to the put service in the MQ Adapter and in Header tab over there you can select the priority.This way you can have priority in the input of the put service and you can set your message priorities while putting the messages in queue.By default the messages take the default priority of MQ Queues.

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

hi puneet
thanks for the vital information…
can u clear one doubt of mine regarding when i am creating transactional listener i.e. listener with transactional connection then if no notification proccess the message then will it go to dead letter queue or to original queue or to both…
regards
Sandeep Jain

Sandeep,
If no notification processes the message then it should go to the Dead Letter Queue (if you have specified one else it will go to System Dead Letter Queue).If you want it to remain in Original Queue then you need to specify the Backout Threshold property in the listener.By Default it is set to 1.

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

Puneet,
does this mean if u set Backout Threshold property to 2 and the notification fails for the first time then Listner will retrieve the message from original queue (one more time) but if the message fails again then it will be sent to Dead Letter Queue.

Abhay,
Whatever value of Backout Threshold you set, it will try to retrieve that number of times from the queue before moving to Dead Letter.

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

hi puneet
that was of great help
but can you tell me that what should be the velue of Backout Hold and how is it affecting the destination.
regards
Sandeep Jain

Sandeep,
It depends on how much time you want the message to be available before moving it from queue.

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

1 Like