Hello all, thanks for reading this thread.
First of all - if there is already some usefull info on this on the forum, please show me the light, I couldn’t find much…
My question is related to user management within the latest versions of wM.
We are soon going to 7.1 and at the same time, we want to do something about user and access management. We are considering working with MWS internal database for storing the user, or moving the users to an LDAP.
So the question is pretty straightforward - which should we use?
Seeing 7.1 is FCS, I understand that it is probably difficult to get the right answer, but please give it a shot, even if it is out of 6.5/7.0 experience.
Elements to consider:
- How good is WmComAuth to replicate to ISes? Are there cluster problems?
- How easy is it to connect to LDAP? Is the connection stable? Did you experience many bugs- how about features you would like to see?
- How bad of an idea would it be to manage the LDAP from wM? I have looked at the ldap services in WmPublic, apparently you can update or delete the user, but how about creating one?
- Any issues with ACLs and users stored in LDAP?
- Howbout failover - how well does wM manage connections to two LDAPs? Howbout MWS? I read somewhere that a MWS jam could block all traffic? Does it jam often?
Any thoughts, comments, questions or references are more than welcome!