Uploading files to a Google Cloud Storage

Hello everyone,

I’m currently trying to find a way to send files easily to a GCS.
I found a “webMethods CloudStreams Provider for Google Cloud Storage” (can’t add a link here)
The only packages found are in 10.5 at the latest, is there one newer somewhere?
Also, while trying to use the 10.5 one, I was under the impression that installing a “CloudStreams server” was mandatory, is it?

Thanks a lot for your answers :slight_smile:

Instead of cloud streams provider, use pub.client:http and invoke GCP API to upload files to GCP.

This approach will help you in future to move to another cloud provider easily.

Upload objects from a file system | Cloud Storage | Google Cloud

The 10.5 version would be fine. I believe the provider numbering convention indicates the minimum version of CloudStreams it is compatible with. So the 10.5 version would be compatible with CloudStreams 10.5 or later

CloudStreams Server is an Integration Server framework, similar to the adapter runtime. But unfortunately, it needs to be installed separately. The install guide states:

“The license for CloudStreams allows only partial functionality of its host server (that is, Integration Server or Microservices Runtime). Install CloudStreams on its own host server. Do not install other products on that host server because those other products might not work properly.”

You will need to decide whether the CloudStreams providers features are worth adding a separate component to your infrastructure.

ActiveTransfer would be a better fit for your requirements, but the on-premise version doesn’t support Google storage yet (the webMethods.io cloud version does)