Upload XML with _process in perl

Hello,

I hope this is the right forum for my question…

I’m writing a perl API for accessing Tamino. One method named load is already able
to load nonxml data without any problems, but it has persitent problems with xml data.

With LWP::UserAgent from libwww-perl-5.69 the code for uploading test.xml into
database ben and collection test looks like this:

$url = “http://pink/tamino/ben/test”;
$file = “test.xml”;
my $agent = LWP::UserAgent->new();
my $response = $agent->post($url,
Content_Type => ‘multipart/form-data’,
Content => [_process => [$file]]);

There’s a correct schema and the doctype fits as well, but I always end up with
INOXDE7935 Schema not found.

Then, I had a look at how the Tamino Interaktive Interface does it and I replicated
the method in a simple html form, that works flawlessly with my test.xml:

Choose File:

I have no idea, how these methods differ, and I would really appreciate if some one could
give me a hint!

Thank you very much,

Ben

Hi Ben,

When LWP builds the POST request it associates the content of the file with a MIME type. Unless you’ve changed this the file ending with .xml is associated with “text/plain”. So when it posted to Tamino it cannot find a nonxml schema to store it againest. So what you need to do is to associate .xml files with text/xml. You should be able to do this with LWP::MediaTypes. I must admit I couldn’t get this to work but this is probably something I am doing wrong. As an alternative you can edit the file “media.types” under the \site\lib\lwp directory to add an association between “text/xml” and the “xml” file extension. That worked for me :wink:

Hope this helps.

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Hi Ben,

Rather than editing the media.types the following change to your perl program will solve the problem:-

# 
use LWP::MediaTypes qw(add_type);

# associate xml files with the correct mime type
add_type("text/xml", xml);
# then do the update
$url = ....

Regards,

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks very much, everything works as expected now!

Regards,

Ben