Upgrading SAP from R3 to S4HANA

Hi,
I’m looking for a bit of advice here. The business is building a case for upgrading their SAP from R3 to S4HANA. My understanding is that the impact to webMethods is purely the connection end-points (SAP R3 to S4HANA) as long as there is no changes to the IDOCs, ALE, RFC. Is this correct, or are there other things that I have not considered ??

Hi,

Overall as long as there is no changes to the IDOCs, ALE, RFC, you just need to make the relevant connection/listener configuration change on connection manager page of SAP Adapter. Saying so however, it’s always a good practice to test out by provisioning a lab instance and run against the test that you wish to make sure it’s working.

Please check http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/adapters_estandards/Adapters/webMethods_Adapters_System_Requirements.pdf and ensure that your SAP server will be running on premise or on AWS private cloud. S/4 HANA on cloud is not yet supported regardless for SAP Adapter 7.1 or SAP Adapter 10.1 which your IS will be using.

Hi,

I realise that officially the SAP 7.1 SAP Adapter only supports S/4 HANA edition 1709. Has anyone been able to get it work work with edition 1809 ??

Hi,

To be sure please raise a support incident to SAG GS to get them confirm.