Upgrading from 6.1 to 7.1.2

Hi all,

I just want to know the drawbacks of upgrading from 6.1to 7.1.2 instead of 6.1 to 6.5 to 7.1.2. we only have

1 IS
1 Broker
1 TN

and also please suggest me the proper approach for the upgrade. or Like to a to do list for the upgrade.

Thanks In Advance.
freddie

There is not such a migration path that I’m aware off, so you need to do 6.1 → 6.5 → 7.1.3 (Yes if you are migrating now do it directly to SP3 which was out some weeks ago).

There is a migration path available from 6.1 → 6.5 → 8.0, This might be a better option.

Hi,

webMethods 8.0 has offer a lot of great features. You can consider upgrading webMethods components such as IS, TN and broker from 6.5 to 8.0. You can refer to release notes of webMethods 8.0 for the features.

For migration from webMethods 6.5 to webMethods 8.0, you can refer to the documentation of webMethods_Upgrade_guide of 8.0. You can look under chapter 5 of the migration from 6.5 to Latest releases which provide you with all the information that you needed. You can get all the documenatations from EMPOWER site.

Thanks,
William Choong[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=5][COLOR=#808080][FONT=Arial][SIZE=5][COLOR=#808080][FONT=Arial][SIZE=5][COLOR=#808080]

[/b][/color][/size][/font][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi freddie,

We are doing the same migration 6.1->7.1.2.
The way we choose was to run in parallel both old and new system and switch business flow one by one.

It was the right approach as we faced lot of instability :

• we started first with our EAI system and issues was stability vs load + general maintenance issue (especially related to purge, resources consuptions, …).
  • when stabilized we started with B2B and then we had regressions and non standard conformance issues.

All in all, since December we installed 175 fixes (I don’t have the figure before) but we have some issues remaining.

As said, having both 6.1 and 7.1 is // facilitate this migration (and especially relationship with stakeholders). We are now very close the finish this migration. I know that 8.0 has great features … but 7.1 should be more stable now.

Bye

Laurent