Upgrade from 6.1 to 7.1

Hi, just checking out there to see if anybody has looked at upgrading from 6.1 to 7.1. I noticed that there is no upgrade documentation yet on the Advantage site.

We’ve got a pretty vanilla installation:
IS, TN, EDI : 6.1
Broker: 6.5
PRT, Workflow: 6.1.5
JDBC Adapter: 6.0.3.1
SAP Adapter: 4.6

We’re starting to scope out the amount of work required, so any insights, tips, advice or even pointers on where we can dig up some info would be greatly appreciated.

We are also looking at this upgrade. I have not seen anything that makes me think there is a lot of activity in this direction. Few postings here, few fixes coming through (maybe that is a good thing but makes me think not too many are using yet).

I have come across a few things that are changing that will force me to make some minor adjustments.

One is the change in the way EDIINT AS2 ids are specified in Partner profiles. This gives me a bit of grief in that we have a good number of partners sharing the same AS2 (goes to our VAN to be sent on). Since AS2 id is forced to be unique, I will have to change the way we do it now.

I want to take advantage of the EDIStream content handler so will need to make some adjustments to do so.

I did not like the way the Overdue FA reporting worked in 6.1. It worked better for me in 6.0.1. I am hoping to see some improvement in the 6.5 (EDI package is still at 6.5) handling but I haven’t gotten that far.

Not much to report yet but I wanted to let you know you were not the only shop getting ready for this conversion. Any one else?

I did not like the way the Overdue FA reporting worked in 6.1. It worked better for me in 6.0.1. I am hoping to see some improvement in the 6.5 (EDI package is still at 6.5) handling but I haven’t gotten that far.

EDI Module 6.5.2 is available.You might have to consider using this.

HTH,
RMG

BTW, I checked out the 7.1 upgrade webinar earlier today. It had some good information, although not very detailed. It did gave a good overview of what is involved as well as some highlights of new features. I think they will make the recording available on Advantage.

Has anybody on wmusers actually gone through a platform upgrade to 7.1 from 6.x? From the introduction to the webinar, the presenter mentioned that over 100 customers participated in the FCS program. Where are they?

Advantage has 6.1 to 7.1 upgrade info. You can find it in the webMethods Upgrade Guide 7.1 document which is located in the Cross-Product area in the Upgrade Document section of the Bookshelf.

Advantage has the upgrade documents now, I dowloaded but seems like theyshould eloberate more on internal database etc… over all its pretty good document.