Universal Messaging Storage limit For Document With Guaranteed Storage Type

Hey there,

I’m new to Universal Messaging and I was wondering what is the storage limit for guaranteed document. If I remember correctly, the broker can have up to 32 storage files with each file having 64 gigabyte of space max, which gives a total of 2048 gigabytes. Does Universal Messaging have similar limitations?

Thank you in advance.

Omar,

UM storage files are structured very differently than Broker. It has a separate storage file for each topic/queue/document type. There is no hard limit on the size of storage for an individual queue/topic/doc type, nor for the total.
However, having a very large number of messages in backlog does have an impact on server startup time.

Hi Jonathan,

On this topic I have a quick question:

"However, having a very large number of messages in backlog does have an impact on server startup time. "

So how can we overcome this situation any purge/clean up required to clear the back logs or you are saying messages that are queued to process due to other latency or messages held processing during volumes?

TIA,
RMG

I see, so does that mean Universal Messaging can use all the available harddisk space for storage? If so, is there a way to set a limit on how much space Universal Messaging use for storage? Thanks.