Universal messaging joins not working

Hi ,

I have Two integration servers IS1 and IS2 connected to different two different universal messaging hosts umserver1 and umserver2 . I have created a join between two realm servers using same channel name.
Now i have published the message from IS1 which connected to umserver1. we see that the message is published to channel in umserver1 but it is not forwarding that message to umserver2 eventhough we have join between two channels.

I want to publish message in IS1 and subscribe in IS2 using joins.

Could you please help me to know if i missed something to configure to make it work

I assume that UM1 and UM2 can reach each other bidirectionally, since your join was successful and that you’re using native messaging. I’d start with these checks -

1. Is the DocType available (and identical) on IS2 and set to publishable?
  2. Is your subscriber on IS2 connected to UM2?
  3. Are Retrieval and Processing active, for the IS2 subscriber?
  4. Have you tried a local publish from IS2 to UM2, to see if the subscriber processes it?
  5. Do you have any Provider filters on the subscriber?
  6. Are there any errors in the UM1/UM2 logs?

Important - The above are only simple checks. You will have to read up about Zones, Federations and Clusters, and how they affect joins. It has been a while since I worked with these, but the documentation (Concepts guide) is comprehensive.

KM

1 Like

This makes me miss Broker territories… :slight_smile:

Those were the days, eh Rob? :slight_smile:

KM

Hi Kasi,

Thank you for the reply. Please find my comments inline.

1. Is the DocType available (and identical) on IS2 and set to publishable?
    Yes, DocType available in IS2 as well. I have deployed same package in IS2 also which is in IS1

2. Is your subscriber on IS2 connected to UM2?
    Yes. IS2 connected to UM2

3. Are Retrieval and Processing active, for the IS2 subscriber?
    Yes. both are active in IS2 subscriber.

4. Have you tried a local publish from IS2 to UM2, to see if the subscriber processes it?
    Yes. I have published from IS2 to UM2 and i see subscriber processing it. As I have Bi-directional join IS1 should also subscribe it but its not happing.

5. Do you have any Provider filters on the subscriber?
    No.I do not have any filters.

6. Are there any errors in the UM1/UM2 logs?

I did not see any errors in UM1/UM2 nirvana logs.

I have gone through the software AG documentation but no luck.

Highly appreciate if i get any help on it.

What’s the wM version you’re using, Sam?
I need to spend some time on this, to provide additional suggestions.

KM

Hi Kasi,

I am using wM 10.7.

Regards,
Sam

I’d like to understand your business case - ask yourself if static joins are the right solution for your business problem/requirement.

Anyhow, I assume that you have standalone realms (i.e., they’re NOT in a cluster together). So first, you need to make the realms aware of each other.

1. Use the local Enterprise Manager to create Zone1
  2. Add UM1 to Zone1
  3. Repeat steps for Zone2 and UM2, and now you have 2 Zones
  4. Now, you can create the static join on channels/queues (but the source of a join cannot be a queue); you should be able to see target channels/queues from the source realm
  5. Read up about “propagation of interest”

Let me know if this resolves your issue.
I suppose you can add both the realms to the same Zone as well.

KM

Hi Kasi,

We are trying to do poc on joins with two zones. yes, I have already created zones zone 1 and zone 2 and added UM1 to Zone1 and UM2 to Zone 2 and created join with using below command

./runUMTool.sh CreateJoin -rname=nsp://UM1:port -rnamedest=nsp://UM2:port -channelhost=/wm/is/UMPoc/docs/welDoc -channeldest=/wm/is/UMPoc/docs/welDoc -createtwoway=true -routed=true.

and we see join creation is successful but not able to forward message to UM2 channel

Regards,
Sam

Noted Sam, please create a support ticket as this needs a deeper investigation.
I assume that you’ve installed the latest fixes.

KM

Ok Sure Kasi . I will try to check with SAG Support.

Much appreciated for your response. thank you.

Do post the resolution here, once GS helps you out, Sam.

KM

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.