Universal Messaging Clustering Active/Active - error

Hi All,
I am facing issue while configuring active/active UM clustering. I have all 3 UMs up running and proper ACLs are set. But when i try to create a CLUSTER “test_cluster”, it throws an error called “More than one node contains local store present, can;t migrate into cluster: node2 alreadt has store configured, can not be used”.

Please help here how to resolve this.

Shafi

Hi Shafi,
The issue is because there are already some JNDI objects created. Please delete the JNDI objects and create the cluster. Also, do verify if you are using the cluster license for Universal Messaging.

Regards.

Hey,

Its not really a JNDI issue however it is related, when creating a cluster all nodes you are using except for one must not contain any stores(Channels/Topics or Queues) otherwise the migration process that occurs when creating the cluster cannot proceed.

Please remove all stores from the nodes being added and then retry(remember this is dangerous as all data will be lost and thus cannot be done to a production node without planning and draining of all stores).

Regards

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for replying. I have cleared the data directory of other to nodes and started the UMs and try to create the cluster but still throughthe same error. Please suggest these queues/topics (local stores) present some where else as well.

Shafi

Hey,

Could you export the realms from EM, and upload them I will check it out locally.

Which release and fix version are you using?

Joshua