unique

I have no trouble to define a Tamino schema (without unique or key definition)using Tamino Interactive Interface. But when I define a unique or key, it occurs an error like that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
- <ino:response xmlns:ino=“http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2” xmlns:xql=“XQL FAQ (XML Query Language - Frequently Asked Questions)”>
- <ino:message ino:returnvalue=“7703”>
<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXDE7703”>validation has detected an error in document</ino:messagetext>
ino:messagelineINOXDE7730: Line 30, Column 36: (cvc-model-group.1):invalid end of sequence [element “xs:unique” in element “xs:element”]</ino:messageline>
</ino:message>
</ino:response>

My Tamino schema:

<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:tsd = “http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/TaminoSchemaDefinition” xmlns:xs = “XML Schema”>
xs:annotation
xs:appinfo
<tsd:schemaInfo name = “TestSchema”>
<tsd:collection name = “test”></tsd:collection>
<tsd:doctype name = “Beispiel”>
tsd:logical
tsd:contentclosed</tsd:content>
</tsd:logical>
</tsd:doctype>
</tsd:schemaInfo>
</xs:appinfo>
</xs:annotation>
<xs:element name = “Beispiel”>
xs:complexType
xs:sequence
<xs:element name = “Person” maxOccurs = “unbounded”>
xs:complexType
xs:sequence
<xs:element name = “Nachname” type = “xs:string” minOccurs = “0” maxOccurs = “unbounded”></xs:element>
<xs:element name = “Vorname” type = “xs:string” minOccurs = “0” maxOccurs = “unbounded”></xs:element>
<xs:element name = “Geburtsdatum” type = “xs:date” minOccurs = “0” maxOccurs = “unbounded”></xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
</xs:sequence>
<xs:attribute name = “version” type = “xs:string” fixed = “1.0”></xs:attribute>
</xs:complexType>
<xs:unique name = “NameUnique”>
<xs:selector xpath = “Person”></xs:selector>
<xs:field xpath = “Nachname”></xs:field>
</xs:unique>
</xs:element>
</xs:schema>

Thanks a lot for your help
butterfly

Hi Butterfly,
which version of Tamino and the schema editor are you using? Have you tried to load your schema into the Tamino Schema Editor? When I try it with editor version 4.1.4.2 and convert the XML schema into a TSD4 (Tamino Schema Definition 4), I get the messages:
This XSD “unique” definition cannot be used in TSD4.
The XSD property “name” of the “unique” definition cannot be used in TSD4.
The XSD property “selector-xpath” of the “unique” definition cannot be used in TSD4.
The XSD property “field-xpaths” of the “unique” definition cannot be used in TSD4.

Are you sure the mentioned unique and key tags are supported by your Tamino version?
Regards,
Gerald

Gerald Ristow
Tamino R&D

P.S.: By browsing through the Tamino server documentation I found the following paragraph:

The following elements are not supported by TSD4:
xs:attributeGroup
xs:complexContent
xs:group
xs:include
xs:key
xs:keyref
xs:list
xs:redefine
xs:restriction within xs:simpleContent
xs:union
xs:unique
xs:whitespace

This explains the encountered problem. With the next version of Tamino, scheduled for 2Q2004, more XML schema elements might be supported, please check the release notes.
Sincerely,
Gerald

Gerald Ristow
Tamino R&D

Hi Gerald,

I am using Tamino version 4.1.4.1. I am very glad to get your help, since I need this information for my “Diplomarbeit”.

Thanks
Butterfly