Unable to start the TN Console -- ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column

Hi,
TN as such checks for the uniqueness of a profile by validating the External ID value : External ID type pair. I want to add one more parameter, namely Message Standard for the check. Whatever flow services I write, finally I have to use the in-built services to add a profile. The problem I am facing is that, I am not able to add two profiles with the same external ID but different standards.
Could someone help.

Thanks

Are the externalid values are same…

I beleive you can add same value for example:DUNS or DUNS+4 or MutuallDefined etc…in the same profile

There is some fix available contact tech support.

HTH,
RMG

Hey RMG,
Here’s the Scenario(I want this to happen) :
Profile name : P1
Ext ID : 1234
Type : DUNS
Profile Standard : ABC

Profile name : P2
Ext ID : 1234
Type : DUNS
Profile Standard : XYZ

I have added the profile standard as an extended field. Now trying to query for the same. Any alternate solutions.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Rajesh,

I believe that one key question that must be answered first is: what is your requirement for having a Profile Standard field? In other words, what is the problem you are trying to solve?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems to me that you may be trying to modify the way TN was actually meant to work and that may not be a good idea. If you can share with us what your true requirement is, we can probably help you arrive at a solution that is supported out of the box.

• Percio

Hi Percio,

I want to create two profiles with the same External ID and Type but with different Profile Standards.

Thanks

I forgot to mention, I have my utility which can create profiles of any standard. I am able to synchronize it with TN. Same profile is created there. But the IDs cause the clash for different standards but same value of External ID and Type.

Profile Standard field never heard about it?can you tell more on your requirment and usage.

HTH,
RMG

Hello,

Yemi Bedu

For different Trading Partners, I create profile using different standards. Thus, I should be able to identify a partner with same external ID but in a different standard.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts. I figured out that its impossible to add two profiles of the same External ID and Type eventhough i have the profile names and extended field values different. So, I will not be hampering any basic functionality of TN.

Regards,
Raj

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts. I figured out that its impossible to add two profiles of the same External ID and Type eventhough i have the profile names and extended field values different. So, I will not be hampering any basic functionality of TN.

Regards,
Raj

Hi Anna,
Have you installed the TNS_6-1_Fix15.jar also.You need both TNS_6-1_Fix13.jar and TNS_6-1_Fix15.jar for it to run properly.In your post you have mentioned you installed TNS_6-1_Fix13.jar only. Please install the other fix also.This should solve your priblem.

HTH…

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

Hi Puneet,
I installed the fix15.jar also. Now its working fine.Thank you so much for the help.

Thanks,
Anna

When i try to open TN Console, I get the following error.
table or view not found. I am using 6.1 version of IS and oracle 8i as database.
i have used jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver
url=jdbc.oracle.thin:@localhost:1521: ORCL

I have configured Jdbc pools and also when i test the Functional Alias Definition ( TN ) it displays succussful.

Can anybody help me out.