Unable to read mapped drive when the WM IS server is run as windows service

hi

i am having trouble in reading the file contents from a mapped drive when the WM IS server is run as windows service; when the server is run as windows application it is working fine but when run as windows service the drive is not recognized

any help would be appreciated

Lourduraju

Services do not have access to mapped drives (e.g. K:, L:, etc.). This is a restriction of Windows services.

Services can access network resources if run under an account that has network privileges. Network volumes can be accessed using UNC names. E.g. \server1\dirA

Hope this helps.

Services can access network resources if run under an account that has network privileges. Network volumes can be accessed using UNC names. E.g. \server1\dirA

reamon,

i have couple of clarifications ; i did use the \server1\dirA the service is not recognizing the path ; you said that if an account has network privileges it will work what sought of privileges you are referring to; can you provide me more details please.

The service must use “run as” and specify a domain account.

That account must have read/write privileges (as appropriate) defined by the network administrator.

Is the server being accesses a Windows machine?

Touch base with one of your network or Windows admin folks. They’ll be able to assist.

Raju,

The drive that you are trying to access, is it mapped to the host machine where you are running the IS? sometimes if there is a restart of the machine then the mapped drive is lost and you have to manually re map those drives.

Cheers,
Akshith

Akshith, Windows services cannot access mapped drives in any scenario.

[url]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180362/EN-US/[/url]

Rob, yes you are right. Thanks for the link, I was not believing that till reading this article.

Cheers,
Akshith

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.