unable to insert into ino:security collection

I’m trying to create new user, using Tamino API for java via conventional TConnectionFactory and XMLObjectAccessor and execute it using XQuery method but it fails to insert into the ino:security collection. The XQuery that I got here does not seem to be valid to TAMINO.

The XQuery i executed:

declare namespace ino=“http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2” update insert <ino:user ino:userid=“TEST123” ino:unencryptedpassword=“TEST123” xmlns:ino=“http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2”/> into input()/ino:user

The error:

NestedException:Tamino access failure (INOXDE7718, (cvc-type.3.1.2): invalid element content, Line 0, Column 0: [element “ino:user” in element “ino:user”])

If I executie that statement in Interactive Interface I will get the same error:

- <ino:message ino:returnvalue=“7718”>
<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXDE7718”>(cvc-type.3.1.2): invalid element content</ino:messagetext>
ino:messagelineLine 0, Column 0: [element “ino:user” in element “ino:user”]</ino:messageline>
</ino:message>

Is there any Admin functions in Tamino Java API that I can use to create/modify/delete users/groups/acls/aces??

Tks in advance

Hi Alvin,

The XQuery-Update expression you have supplied will update all ino:user documents by inserting a new ino:user as a child of these documents. Hence the response you get is correct. What you need to do is insert a new ino:user document with the _process command.

For updating the security information from the TaminoAPI4J just use the insert() or update() method of the TXMLObjectAccessor depending if users/groups/acls are being added or modified. For specific details on the schemas for security please refer to documentation under \Documentation\manager\security.htm.

Hope this helps.

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Tks Stuart. To use the retrieve/update methods, I need to know the ino:id but how do i retrieve the ino:id from the document when i need to supply the retrieve method with one?

rgds
Alvin

Hello Alvin,

I don’t really understand the reason for needing the ino:id. If you want to query for a specific ino:user for example, then you could query with
_xql=ino:user[@ino:userid=“saguser1”]

Or am I missing something?

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Hello Stuart,

The reason why I need ino:id is because I have to use Tamino API for Java and I’m using the update method of TXMLObjectAccessor. And this update method identify documents to be updated by their ino:id.
Anyway, I figured out that i have to use tamino getInoId function. to retrieve the ino:id. tks

Rgds
Alvin