Unable to get a connection from connection pool

Hi All,

I am having SAP Adapter 6.5 with IS 6.5 . We are getting following error once in every ten transactions.

"[ART.118.5053] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to get a connection to resource TMSSAPConnections.SAPInbound:connNode_OIL. A connection was not available for request in pool TMSSAPConnections.SAPInbound:connNode_OIL "

Connection Property

Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 0
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 5000
Expire Timeout (msec) 5000
Startup Retry Count 0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) 10

I run the WmART/pub.art.connection:getConnectionStatistics service to check the total hit and miss. The output was like:

TotalHits 502
TotalMisses 46

IS/Adapter Details:
SAP Adapter Version - 6.5.0.1.555
Updates - WmSAP_6-5-0_SP1

IS Version - 6.5
Updates - IS_6-5_SP2

Could anyone please suggest me what fixes/patches I have to install on SAP Adapter or IS to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Kapil

Kapil,

If all of the connections in the pool are in use, then you would get the error you are seeing. Have you attempted to increase the number of connections from the default values? This seems like a pool configuration task not a problem or issue that might be addressed with a fix or service pack.

You might find the adapter connections information in the SAP Adapter User’s Guide to be helpful.

Mark

You might consider increasing the block and expire timeouts as well. Five seconds is relatively short–especially for the expire timeout. The pool will be spending a lot of time dropping and reestablishing connections, depending on traffic volume.

Thanks Mark and Reamon
I increased the max pool size value, block time out and expiry time out…And its working…not getting that error now.

Regards
Kapil