Unable to disable 'Empty values for string types' in wm.io Flow services

In webMethods.io(Free tenant account) flow services, Under mapping I am not able to disable the option ‘Include empty values for string types’ .
Once I disable, save, and reopen, its again enabling it back by default.
May I know if this usual behavior? Because I do not want to pass empty values for string when I trigger this flow services in workflow.

hi @Shiri ,
This is the usual behavior.
Normally when you dont have any data then we will not have that variable in the pipeline output.
And if you want to check the variable has the data then you need to put the “check condition”.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards
Vikash Sharma

Hi @Vikash_Sharma1,

Thanks for the input.

But when i try to invoke the flow service from workflow and do not initiate few input fields, its still passing empty values to the pipeline. Please have a look at the below snapshot(E.g. description, startDate, dueDate).

I do not want the variables in the pipeline if not initiated(if no value).

Regards,
Shiri

hi @Shiri ,
In the above screenshot, you are invoking the flowservice and you are mapping the data to the input of flow service.
As the flowservice has defined the input doc therefore it will show you doc and all the nodes present with in it.
Normally in flow service if you are using any pipeline variable and if it is empty the you wont see it in the pipeline output.
I suggest to raise the Support ticket for use case when data is submitted from workflow.

Regards
Vikash Sharma

1 Like

Hi @Vikash_Sharma1 ,

Yeah. If invoked only flow service, it works fine. But if flow service is invoked from workflow its passing empty values.
Since I have a free tenant, not entitled for support via a support incident.

Regards,
Shiri