Unable to configure a JDBC adapter for Netezza IBM database

Product/components used and version/fix level:

Detailed explanation of the problem:

Hello community,

I cannot create a connection to an IBM netezza database.
below the configuration:

The error is:
Error encountered

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource netezzaConnection:netezzaConnection. [ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager. [ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “org.netezza.Driver”. class org.netezza.Driver cannot be cast to class javax.sql.DataSource (org.netezza.Driver is in unnamed module of loader com.wm.app.b2b.server.PackageClassLoader @4cc917c3; javax.sql.DataSource is in module java.sql of loader ‘platform’)

FYI, the nzjdbc.jar jar has been added to the IS.

Thank you in advance for your help

Error messages / full error message screenshot / log file:

Question related to a free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

You need to use a class that derives from javax.sql.DataSource.

I don’t think IBM Netezza is officially supported at JDBC adapter level. Technically it might work (if you user the right driver class), but if you want to be on the safe side, and have guarantees you’ll get vendor support in case you have problems, you should enquire to your Customer Success Manager.

We’ve connected to Netezza in the past using the specific JARs that it required and wrote Java code to connect and query. It was not preferred but the only way supported at the time. We’ve since moved off Netezza so don’t have anything current that might help.

As @Stephane.TAILLAND_emp notes there may be a way to do so with the JDBC adapter and the right JARs and config. But not officially supported so you’d mostly be on your own with trial and error.

Hi,

when the IBM Netezza JDBC Driver does not provide a DataSource class (required by the JDBC Adapter) you can try to connect by using the WmDB package which uses the base Driver class.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi,
I confirm that with WmDB, the connection works correctly.
Thank you for your help.

Regards,

1 Like