Unable to add IS service to request or response processing step in virtual service

CentraSite 9.7 - I have a working virtual service that I want to add a request and response processing step that invokes an IS service. When I click on the webMethods IS Service step to add a service, I’m not able to add a service, regardless of what I put in the Service text box. The service that I want to add is available on both Mediator targets that are configured. Is there a configuration setting that is missing?

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

When you say you are not able to add, do you mean it is throwing some error? or Is the button disabled or something like that?

No, not getting an error and the buttons are not disabled. In the Control UI anything I enter into the Service: text box is not returning any services. I’ve tried wildcard combinations and the full service name. In Business UI there is only a text box for a service name and when I enter the full name of the service, save and redeploy, the VSD in Mediator does not have the change.

so none of these are working?

Check your Mediator’s IS log to see if there are any error messages. In any case, you will probably have to open a support ticket.

1 Like

Yeah none of that worked. I don’t see anything in the CentraSite logs either. When I enter something in the text box I can tell it’s trying to do something because there’s a latency when entering letters, but nothing comes up.

Can you please make sure you have all latest fixes ?

Thanks,

1 Like

Hello Brian,

As mentioned by Douglas in the previous reply, you should be looking out for webMethods IS services. Please make sure you have the IS Services running in the mediator target where its desired to be deployed.

Please provide screenshots of the same if it fails that would help to analyze.

Another question may not be completely relevant, Do you see this to be a browser specific problem or does it happen in all the browsers to show the list of services in the centrasite control

The service that I want to call is on both Mediator targets that are configured in CentraSite. I see the same behavior in IE, Firefox and Chrome.

We are currently in the process of setting up a new environment which will run 9.9 so I will try it there when the environment is ready.

Thanks,
Brian