I’ve had a look at product documentation 9-5-SP1_Using_Integration_Server_to_Build_a_Client_for_JMS, 9-5-SP1_Integration_Server_Built-In_Services_Reference and release-notes-9.5.2 (available under /nirvana/doc. These documents confirms support for JMS priority. However I build a small POC and it delivers messages on FIFO basis.
- Flow service to set JMS priority in pub.jms.send
- JMS Trigger listening for message with processing set to concurrent but max 1 thread.
- Flow service that JMS trigger would invoke and pass on the JMS Message
# Implementation logic:
- JMS Trigger is disabled to stop the messages from being processed. This would allow 1st Flow service above to publish some JMS messages with different priority and and in different order.
- Via UMS Enterprise Manager, I can spool on JMS Topic to see that messages are all waiting and that they have correct priority setting as per service publishing it.
- I then go in and enable trigger which invokes flow service which logs the JMSMessage/header/priority field from message using debugLog.
- Subscription trigger seem to receive messages in exact order of publishing. Priority field seem to have been ignored.
Can you please advice if I’ve missed anything or that problem is with product? I can then advice client accordingly.