UM Intermediate connectivity issue.

Hello All,

We have active-active cluster environment of UM for messaging.From last few days we are facing intermediate connection issue and it is only happening in particular time stamp.
Automatically it got connected after few disconnectivity.Below are logs:

[249]2017-07-28 07:01:14 CEST [ISS.0153.0049E] UM connection alias IS_UM_CONNECTION was disconnected from its primary UM session. The primary UM session will automatically attempt to reconnect 5 time(s) before stopping the UM connection alias.
[248]2017-07-28 07:01:14 CEST [ISS.0153.0998E] [WMM.UM.ALIAS.03] Alias IS_UM_CONNECTION was disconnected: state = STARTED; clusterTryAgainAttempt = -1
[247]2017-07-28 07:01:14 CEST [ISS.0153.0050I] UM connection alias IS_UM_CONNECTION is now reconnected to its primary session.
[246]2017-07-28 07:01:12 CEST [ISS.0153.0049E] UM connection alias IS_UM_CONNECTION was disconnected from its primary UM session. The primary UM session will automatically attempt to reconnect 5 time(s) before stopping the UM connection alias.
[245]2017-07-28 07:01:12 CEST [ISS.0153.0998E] [WMM.UM.ALIAS.03] Alias IS_UM_CONNECTION was disconnected: state = STARTED; clusterTryAgainAttempt = -1
[244]2017-07-28 07:01:12 CEST [ISS.0153.0050I] UM connection alias IS_UM_CONNECTION is now reconnected to its primary session.

Action was taken,
I have restarted UM cluster services still having the same issue.
I have checked the cluster status it is working fine and connected.

Thanks and Regards,
Masroor Alam

Here are few steps to avoid these kinds of errors, check and confirm if this helps

1> Make sure you have installed the UM server and client levels fixes including IS
2> What are the min and max memory assigned to each node of UM
3> Analyse the um logs while you encounter the issues
4> Change the logging level of UM to trace and capture the log file for further analysis
5> Check your UM A-A cluster configuration if it is correctly configured as per the doc
6> Provide how many nodes you have in A-A cluster I assume it should be more than 3 nodes and do you use sites as part of cluster?

Hello Mahesh,

Thanks for the reply.

1. Make sure you have installed the UM server and client levels fixes including IS.

We have latest fix11 installed in our IS and UM fixes are:

1. [I] Universal Messaging Shared Bundles 9.8 Fix 11
  2. [I] Universal Messaging
  3. [I] Universal Messaging Java Client 9.8 Fix 11
  4. [I] Universal Messaging Enterprise Manager 9.8 Fix 13
  5. [I] Universal Messaging Realm Server 9.8 Fix 11
  1. What are the min and max memory assigned to each node of UM .

As I am new in UM I am not sure about this as where I found the conf file for this info.

1. Analyse the um logs while you encounter the issues.

I did not find any specific log for this issue in except log I attached. Is there any particular logs which I can refer?

1. Check your UM A-A cluster configuration if it is correctly configured as per the doc.

As this our UAT environment we have configure previous and this issue coming last week.

1. Provide how many nodes you have in A-A cluster I assume it should be more than 3 nodes and do you use sites as part of cluster?

We have cluster with two nodes both are active-active configure.

Please do reply with any other possibility.

Thanks and Regards,
Masroor Alam

logs.jpg

Hi Masroor, was the problem fixed? I am facing similar issue