Trying to set up MSMQ connection. Getting errors.

I am trying to set up an MSMQ Adapter in our webMethods environment. I installed MSMQ 6. I am trying to set up a connection. I created the connection. When I try to enable the connection, I get this error:

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource LukeMQ:LukeReader.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection LukeMQ:LukeReader: after 1 attempt(s).
Could not initialize class win32.COM.WmDispatch

Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks.

Hi There,

What is your IS version and Fix levels installed for MSMQ adapter (see in the about page)

MSMQ Adapter uses IS WmWin32 package. WmWin32 package depends on Microsoft Windows run-time libraries to work properly. Can check if this package is enabled on IS page.

Thanks Mahesh

Version 9.0.1.0
Updates IS_9.0_SP1_Core_Fix6

WmWin32 is enabled.

Is issue still exists install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) from microsoft.com

Any questions let me know.

Thanks. I will give that a shot.

Sometimes the error message is a little different. It reads like this:

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource LukeMQ:LukeReader.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection LukeMQ:LukeReader: after 1 attempt(s).
C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\support\win32\webMethods64.dll: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail

Let me know if that give you other ideas on the problem.

You have to register webMethods64.dll.

Is your OS 32 or 64 bit?

64 bit.

I solved the side-by-side problem thanks to your help. I am now getting a new error as I try to enable a connection:

Error encountered
[ADA.660.151] Fail to create MSMQ local transaction object: MSMQ internal transaction cannot be started.
[ADA.660.1064] Adapter cannot initialize object to start MSMQ internal transaction.
Invalid class string
. Error Code = 800401f3

What is your MSMQ adapter fix level installed?

CPU.type - Intel Family 6 Model 45 Stepping 7

OS.Name - Windows Server 2008 R2
OS.Release - 6.1 OS.Build.no. 7601
OS.Service.Pack - Service Pack 1

Java Version - 1.7.0_25 (51.0)
Java VM Name - Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM

Product - webMethods Integration Server
Version - 9.0.1.0
Updates - IS_9.0_SP1_Core_Fix6

Adapter Description - Adapter for Microsoft Message Queuing
Adapter Version - 6.0.0

Neel,

I am asking you the MSMQ adapter fix installed. Go to your MSMQ adapter page and click on “About” you will see the fix level if you have installed.

Did you try the steps suggested by me in this thread?

This is what the about page for the adapter looks like:

Ok great. I remember in the past for MSMQ adapter there were some fix levels (say fix2) released by SAG support.

I think its time for you to contact them with an incident ticket. Meanwhile you can still troubleshoot the issue.

But trust me I am unable to suggest any other troubleshooting steps. Let me know if you find a way to fix it.