Trigger Subscription Issue

Hi,

Sometime the triggers subscription stops even though we see UM connection enabled and triggers are enabled in the IS admin page. When we disbale and enable the trigger, document subscription resumes. Is there any issue with this?

Kavitha,

please install the latest fixes for IS, UM and for the UM common library and UM shared bundles on both the UM server and the IS installation. There have been some fixes in this area.
If you still have issues, please open a support ticket.

Hi Jonathan,

Currently we have below fixes. Anything else to be updated?

IS
Shared Bundles 9.10 FIX2
Command Libraries 9.10 Fix5
Libraries Deployer 9.10 Fix 1

UM
Common Libraries 9.10 FIx 5
Libraries Deployer 9.10 Fix 1
Java client 9.10 fix 5
Realm Server 9.10 Fix 5
shared Bundles 9.10 fix 2

Kavitha,

you need to make sure you have the latest Universal Messaging Common Libraries 9.10 Fix installed on the IS machine.
The latest fix is Universal Messaging Common Libraries 9.10 Fix 7, which also applies to the UM server.
I don’t know for sure that fix 7 provides something that fix 5 doesn’t, so I suggest you check the readme for fix 7.
I recommend you try fix 7, and if the issue persists, open a support ticket.

Hi Jonathan,

We facing same issue with triggers as below . We recently applie um-fix34 on UM 9.9 and core-fix20 in IS 9.8 . But still getting the issue with triggers. Every time we are going refresh triggers and its impacting business . Please suggest if any thoughts .

Sometime the triggers subscription stops even though we see UM connection enabled and triggers are enabled in the IS admin page. When we disbale and enable the trigger, document subscription resumes. Is there any issue with this?

Thanks,
Jaipal.