To create a C client using webMethods

I want to know how to create a C client using webMethods. The requirement is that I need to invoke a webMethods flow service using a C client. Could any one suggest a best possible solution for this?

Sunil,

Please look in the Developer/doc/DeveloperUsersGuide.pdf (chapter14)it illustrates creating client code using C/C++.Did you checked it?

HTH,
RMG

Review the Developer User’s Guide, Chapter 14.

Doesn’t work with Solaris 8 if that is your platform. Known problem. The webMethods folks can’t get it to work.

markg
http://darth.homelinux.net

Thanks a lot folks I didnt check that I will check and get back if any furthur queries.

Hi guys once again a query on C/C++ client generation. I have heard the C client which is generated from a Flow service does not work if the IS is on Solaris 8. Is it true? If so what is the best possible solution? Can I use Solaris 9? We have 2 servers here in our system. Solaris 8 and 9. I have to generate a C client and give it to the vendor who will use this C client to initiate the flow service on my IS. Any sugessions?

One more question. If I create a C client and there is a prob in accessing the IS say there is some bad data or an error has occured, I mean, it could be a system error… Does such a thing bring the entire IS down. Did any one had faced such an issue.

Sunil,
I’ve worked with the webMethods support staff on this. The c client for Solaris 8 will compile but will not actually run. It appears that it has a dependency on an older version of Java hard coded into the stub. webMethods has not been able to get this to work with Solaris 8 and I would guess Solaris 9 would not work as well.

My guess is this option has been brought along through the multiple webMethods releases but has not undergone extensive testing as a feature. You should probably open a support ticket with them, if this is a required feature for you.

No the c client should not bring down the IS server on an error. It is acting just like any other client connecting to webMethods. It is actually using java under the covers, hence the problem referenced above.

markg
http://darth.homelinux.net