TN SequeLink error connecting to SQL 2000 server

I am trying to install the entire webMethods Integration Server 4.6 package with Trading Networks 4.5.1 on a Windows 2000 pc. I have Integration Server and Developer running, but when I tried to install TN there seems to be a disconnect between the SequeLink Server 5.2 and my MS SQL 2000 server. I see the following errors when the Integration server starts up:

0005C7 [B2BUNKW.TRANET.0509] Error initializing the datastore: There was a data
base error fetching the model version information from your database.
(0) java.sql.SQLException: [MERANT][SequeLink JDBC Driver][SQL Server][S
hared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
(1) java.sql.SQLException: [MERANT][SequeLink JDBC Driver][SQL Server][S
hared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
(2) java.sql.SQLException: [MERANT][SequeLink JDBC Driver][SQL Server][S
hared Memory]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

I have seen several solutions provided on line, all of which suggest modifying the DataSourceMSSODBCConnStr to reflect the correct server name. My problem is that I cannot make any connection between SequeLink and the SQL server, so I am unable to change any parameters. When I try to connect to the SQL server through the SequeLink 5.2 Manager snapin I get the following error:

Could not make a connection to the SequeLink Service at myid.mysite.com:19995
[HY000]Internal error occurred

(SequeLink Error: 6516)

Any assistance on this topic would be appreciated.

Jason, have you solved this problem yet? Maybe a few check points will help:

1. You are using Windows 2000 so make sure that SQL Server 2000 is started as a service. Use your Control Panel > Services tool to verify that the service status is “Started”. You may want to optionally verify the Startup Parameters and make changes as necessary.

2. Verify the existence of the JDBC driver in your classpath. On your hard drive, do a search for “classes12.zip” and see what turns up. The webMethods instance will need that JDBC jar file to access SQL Server.

3. Verify that the specified port for the SequeLink Service is correct.

When all else fails, try a re-install to the webMethods factory default settings. Sometimes this works. If it works for you, document your environment and share with us what went wrong.

I am constantly getting errors trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 database on a Windows NT server.

I have installed and configured Merant Sequelink and Microsoft JDBC drivers but unable to resolve the issue. At the same time I have no difficulty running Logger adapter on Sun Solaris server and connecting to SQL Server 2000 on Windows NT Server.

//Settings for Logger adapter on Unix
databaseURL jdbc:sqlserver://162.70.73.25:2821;databaseName=tmloggerprod
databaseDriver com.wm.dd.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

//Settings on Windows NT server
Microsoft JDBC in classpath
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC\lib\msbase.jar;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC\lib\mssqlserver.jar;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC\lib\msutil.jar

I have tried all possible combinations and get different error messages

//Could not connect: No suitable driver
jdbc:merant.sqlserver://162.70.73.25:1433;databaseName=tmloggerprod
com.merant.datadirect.jdbc.sqlserver.SequeLinkDriver

//Could not connect: [MERANT][SequeLink JDBC Driver][SQL Server]internal error: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

jdbc:sequelink://162.70.73.25:19996;databaseName=tmloggerprod
com.merant.sequelink.jdbc.SequeLinkDriver

//NO SUITABLE DRIVER
jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://162.70.73.25:1433;databaseName=tmloggerprod
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

//Could not connect: [MERANT][SequeLink JDBC Driver][SQL Server]internal error: Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

jdbc:sequelink://162.70.73.25:19996;databaseName=tmloggerprod
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Any help is appreciated.

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

I dropped the files into the /lib/jars directory of Integration Server. There is also a setting that you should put in your server.cnf file:

watt.server.jdbc.driverList=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQL

This will make sure that the driver is loaded in memory on server startup.

Your problem is that there are spaces in the file directory naming structure and webMethods doesn’t like that at all.

Drop the jar files into the jar folder, restart the server and then, with the admin console, make a connection. Should at least bring back a few tables.

Don’t forget on the DB side: The user must have appropriate permissions to change, modify, write, read, etc. in the database and tables needed.

I took one other step: I made a different DB user name for TN connections. So, when requests are made to the DB, IS has a separate username. I kept getting very strange errors when I shared a username between TN and IS requests.

Hope this helps.

Ray

hey does anybody know what jars are correct for using sql7 with webMethods 6 and also Sap Business Connector 4.6 - we have them both and use sql as our recording db.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Integration Server version 4.6.
Trading Networks version 4.6.
Windows 2000 professional.
Oracle version 8.1.7.

I got the following sequelink error: “Number of maximum process (xxx) exceeded.”
This ocures at some stage when the oracle database that I use as TN repository, reaches this maximum number of processes, presumably because of Integration server (TN) calls to the database (either via explicit sql commands in my services or background Trading Networks operations). The result is that conversations go into error status from that point on, causing havvock on out production system.
Is there any tuning parameter either on Integration Server or Sequelink that I can set? We have doubled the max number of processes in Oracle, but still at some stage it reaches that number. Does the sql commands via the JDBC adapter clean up its process neatly? Please advise.

Integration Server version 4.6.
Trading Networks version 4.6.
Windows 2000 professional.
Oracle version 8.1.7.

I got the following sequelink error: “Number of maximum process (xxx) exceeded.”
This ocures at some stage when the oracle database that I use as TN repository, reaches this maximum number of processes, presumably because of Integration server (TN) calls to the database (either via explicit sql commands in my services or background Trading Networks operations). The result is that conversations go into error status from that point on, causing havock on out production system.
Is there any tuning parameter either on Integration Server or Sequelink that I can set? We have doubled the max number of processes in Oracle, but still at some stage it reaches that number. Does the sql commands via the JDBC adapter clean up its process neatly? Please advise.

Sequelink error: maximum number of process exceeded
NoOfProcessExceededError.txt (1.0 k)

Whenever you encounter the “No suitable driver found” message when it works previously, don’t forget to put the “wm” part of the URL e.g. jdbc:oracle versus jdbc:wm:oracle. This is something of an undocumented thing when I installed IS6.0.1 SP4 over my IS6.0.1 SP3.

Hi Yeeck,

Looks like this thread is very old and no new questions were asked in past 2 years.

Also, the new semantics of jdbc:wm:oracle:… has been documented in the webMethods IS/TN documents.

hi,to all i am new to this technology…i am confused whether this technogy is good in future or better to go with java or testing…please reply me