TN not accepting special characters

Hi All,

we are using webMethods 6.0.1 in our current project. As we get data from clients containing some special Characters like ‘&’, ‘!’, etc. TN is not processing it. Before this we are converting the document to XML document and then sending this XML document to TN. So whenever the client enters the data. Documents gets converted to XML document and after routing this XMl document to TN. TN is not accepting this type of document. Could anyone help me in solving this problem.

Thanks,
Aravind

There are rules for which characters can appear in XML documents. For example, & must be represented as &. This is not an IS/TN issue. It’s a contraint imposed by XML. Please research the web for this info. Here is a wiki article that may be helpful for you.

If you’re using pub.xml:documentToXMLString, set the encode input variable to true (you should always do this) and it will convert the restricted characters to their appropriate character entities.

Before routing your XML document to TN use pub.xml:documentToXMLString set input param encode=true and this will do the trick and converts spl chars into xml encoded format.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,
Thanks for the Info.

regards,
Aravind

HI Reamon,
Thanks for the Info.

Regards,
Aravind

Hi Reamon,
I’m very much thanful for your Guidance. Now the data with special Characters is passing to the destination end.

Many Thanks,
Aravind

Hi Rmg,
I’m very much thanful for your Guidance. Now the data with special Characters is passing to the destination end.

Many Thanks,
Aravind