Thread Problem

Hi

I’m using IS 6.1 on a Linux System with Kernel Version 2.6.5-7.191-smp.
The Problem is when a customer sens us some XML FIles via AS2 the IS runs out of threads. I increased the maximum threads to 1000, but it does not help. it seems that the jvm does not free the threads.

When i do reprocess in TN i do not have this problem…

please help because every week our system goes down.

thanks a lot in advance
alex

Can you share more detail about the process? What is the configuration of the processing rules? Do they invoke services sync or async? Is there some sort of document splitting going on?

hi

thanks for yout quick reply…
i am callling a service sync…

i had a look on the Statistics → System Threads and there i have lots of HTTP Handler Threads… (around 1000)

thanks
alex

Is the customer creating a 1000 connections and sending things all at once? If so, then that customer is overrunning your IS. Two options: scale up your environment to handle the number of simultaneous connections that are expected or ask the partner to throttle back.

hi

we use a proxy server (apache) which handles the connections. the problem is that we have lots of HTTP Listener System Threads.

And we have this problem since we switched to the new linux kernel 2.6.

thanks
alex

hi

i tried to send just 50 files and it worked fine. all the HTTP Handlers servcies are killed now…

why does the wm server kill this threads when i received all the files and not when one file is processed?

thanks a lot
alex