Table control in Portlet

Hi,

I want to create a table with multiple rows and columns in potrlet. And i need to add a link on each cell in that table. I could add these details for the first row. How can i do the same for rest of the rows. How can i see multiple rows in design view. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jyothi H.V

Normally tables are based on “Content Providers”.
The source of Content Provider can be a service or a bean.

From what you are saying I think you want to have a static table with few rows? If that is the case you can use “static row” and “static cell” to achieve what you are trying to do. You could also use “block edge panel”

Thanx Dexterz for your advice…
Yes… I need a static table. But if i use static table and static cells we cannot see the grids or lines in table after deploying and even in the preview. The same thing happens for block edge panel also. I have the HTML page of the design which i want to translate into portlet. Is there any way to include that HTML page with all the links in that page working fine? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Jyothi H.V

You can use CSS to make static rows and static cells look the way you like.
e.g. “border: medium double rgb(0,0,0)” in CSS Style in Display properties will give you a double line border for row or cell.
You can also use some predefined css styles by selecting CSS class.

Oh and yes. There is an “Include HTML” control in “Output” controls in which you can specify the html file you want to include in your portlet.

Hi Dexterz…

Thanx a lot for your suggestions…
Will use the options suggested and let u know the results…

Regards,
Jyothi H.V