System Task Context Pinger on SAP Business Connector 4.8 / OutOfMemoryException

Hi,

our two productive SAP BC 4.8 servers seem to have a strange behaviour concerning their system tasks. They both have too many open sessions nearly all of them obviously used by the Context Pinger Task (is this BC service wm.server:ping?). Each server is set as Remote Server for the other BC server and they open up a connection between them if needed. I guess on each server the system task Context Pinger is used to check the connection to the other server. The Context Pinger Task has an interval of 200 seconds so I expect one context pinger task which is executed every 200 seconds. But in the context pinger task list I have up to 45 (or more) tasks within the next 200 seconds. And they all use a new session so there are also up to 150 concurrent session (current session peak) which are not needed in my opinion. The problem is that the BC servers crash every 7 to 10 days (java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Java heap space caused by java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space) which could be caused by the BC systems tasks. In fact in the dev system there is only one context pinger task and we don’t have any problems with this server. So is there a way to configure these SAP Business Connector system tasks - especially the context pinger task? I couldn’t find any documentation about it. Could anybody help me with this?

Regards,
Robert

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.