streamToSoapData/soapHttp service failing

Hi,

I have one issue while calling an external webservice, soapHttp service failing with below exception ( we are on IS7.1.1)
This service used to work fine until yesterday, then it started throwing the above exception when our external client moved from weblogic 8.x to weblogic 10
But remaining all webservice calls to this particular client works fine with both the above mentioned weblogic versions.

Err msg:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
xmlns:xsi=“http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
xmlns:xsd=“XML Schema”>
SOAP-ENV:Body
SOAP-ENV:Fault
SOAP-ENV:Server
[ISS.0088.9135] A WMDocument Exception was thrown in the server, usually because an XML block was not well-formed
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/actor/next

webM:serviceStackTrace
webM:javapub.soap.utils:streamToSoapData</webM:java>

webM:flowpub.client:soapHTTP</webM:flow>

webM:javawm.server.flow:stepFlow</webM:java>
</webM:serviceStackTrace>
webM:exception
webM:classNamejavax.xml.soap.SOAPException</webM:className>
<webM:message xml:lang="">[ISS.0088.9135] A WMDocument Exception was thrown in the server, usually because an XML block was not well-formed</webM:message>
<webM:stackTrace xml:lang="">javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9135] A WMDocument Exception was thrown in the server, usually because an XML block was not well-formed
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.saaj.MessageFactory.createMessage(MessageFactory.java:55)
at pub.soap.utils.streamToSoapData(utils.java:984)

What I did:

  1. I called both webLogic 8 and 10 from soapUI…in both cases they returned same response message ( I did file comparison …they are indentical)

  2. I took the response from soapUI( response from webLogic10)…and in webMethods developer (IS711) –
    –stringToStream
    –streamToSoapData
    –getBody
    –NodeToDocument
    It worked fine for the same response message

  3. I called both weblogic 8/10 from IS6.5… it worked fine

Is there anything I am missing? Any suggestion is much appreciated

Thanks,
yarkar

Did you talk to weblogic folks?? because soap fault is returned by them right…i believe on wM side the XML sent should be well-formed before you route via soapHttp…isnt’t it??Are there any spl chars going in the xmldata (documentToXMLString) did you examined?? set encode=true aswell…

But the only thing is you said soapUI worked fine both request/response…thats interesting…

HTH,
RMg

RMG, thanks for the response.

From my side the soapRequest is wellformed only. And the soapHTTP is just throwing IS SOAP exception [ I put the soapHTTP in a “try/catch” block and after this soapHTTP invocation it goes to the catch].
I set the logging level to “trace” and observed the server logs. My request is going to their server [ I can see messages like Opening Socket to the weblogic server, Post, http1.1/200 etc]. I think while reading the response from their server IS is throwing this exception.

Thanks,
Yarkar

some updates on this issue…

I’ve created a flow service with below steps

-soapDataToString
-pub.client:http [load as-stream, set headers doc- with content type and soapAction]
-streamToSoapData

And used this flow service instead of using ‘pub.client:soapHTTP’. And it worked.

soapHTTP service on 7.1.1 references wm.server.ws:wsHTTP whereas on 6.5 it references public.client:http. If I use “wsHTTP” instead of “http” in the above mentioned flow service, again ‘streamToSoapData’ is failing.

Thanks,
Yarkar

Yarkar,
Do you have the latest patches installed for your 7.1.1 env? There are quite a few fixes for SOAP. I’d try that first and see if that corrects the issue. Fix8 for Web Services I believe is the latest.

I’ve also seen some random(it seems) issues with streaming responses from HTTP in 7.1.1. Hard to reproduce. I would try the patches first.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response. Yesterday I got IS_7-1-1_WebSvcsXML_Fix8and IS_7-1-1_SrvPrtcl_Fix9 from webMethods. I am going to try these on my localhost.
I will let you know, if these fixes resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Yarkar.

Mark,
An update on this issue…

I applied the latest webservice fix i.e fix8, and it resolved the issue.

Before applying the fix ( as explained in my previous reply on 9/16), soapHTTP service references ‘wsHTTP’ service from WmRoot.
After applying the fix, soapHTTP now references ‘http’ service from WmPublic ( same as IS6.5)

Thanks,
Yarkar.

We don’t have the Fix8 yet…but when you call soapHTTP underline it also touches wm.server.ws:wsHTTP…It’s the way they built-in isnt? Is this diff in 65?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

on IS6.5 , soapHTTP service touches ‘pub.client:http’.
I think, wm.server.ws:wsHTTP has been introduced with the new version of the server ( I didn’t see wsHTTP service on 6.5)

Thanks,
Yarkar.

Ok…got you…

Hi All,

we are getting the below error in Production server. Could any of you help me on that?
FYI - I saw the same error in IS7 and the solution was this fix - IS_7-1-1_WebSvcsXML_Fix8,

Now we are using IS8 …please let me know the solution.

Quick replies are most appriciated.

2011-09-27 02:04:26 BST [ISC.0088.0001E] SOAPException: [ISS.0088.9135] A WMDocument Exception was thrown in the server, usually because an XML block was not well-formed
2011-09-27 02:04:26 BST [ISP.0085.9998E] Exception → [ISS.0088.9135] A WMDocument Exception was thrown in the server, usually because an XML block was not well-formed
2011-09-27 02:04:27 BST [ISS.0098.0049C] Exception:com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ESB_LOG_REQ][ISS.0088.9135] A WMDocument Exception was thrown in the server, usually because an XML block was not well-formed while executing trigger. Rejecting Document for TriggerStore:DxJdeSalesOrder_Sub.Works.Triggers:GetSalesOrderCanonical.

Thanks
Karthik.