Stack overflow error

Hi, Recently we upgraded our system from IS 6.5 SP1 to IS 6.5 SP3 and as a part of it we are testing our integrations. We do a http/https post to the cutomers and when ever we are doing that we are getting a Stack over flow error as follows. we also moved from JVM 1.4.2 to 1.5. Any one could you please advise. com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: StackOverflowError at partner.util.receive.callReceivingService(receive.java:54) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:322) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:614) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:235) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:198) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:39) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:411) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:522) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:369) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:246) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.BaseService.invoke(BaseService.java:168) at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowInvoke.invoke(FlowInvoke.java:324) at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invokeNode(FlowState.java:581) at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.step(FlowState.java:438) at com.wm.lang.flow.FlowState.invoke(FlowState.java:403) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.FlowSvcImpl.baseInvoke(FlowSvcImpl.java:982) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:614) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:235) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:198) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:39) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:411) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:522) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:369) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:246) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:113) at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceThread.run(ServiceThread.java:82) at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:111) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595) anyhelp is really appreciated. Thanks, Capri_lak

Check this article on Advantage:

[url]http://advantage.webmethods.com/article/?id=SR-1-106527049[/url]

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG, Thanks for your response. I did go through the document you were referring to advantage website and checked on my system and the JCE is set up as unlimited and still I am getting the stack overflowerror. When I switched back my JVM to 1.4 it is working fine and moving to 1.5 is causing issue.I am just wondering am I missing anything during the setup. Thanks, Chandra.

Can you try use default JVM(the one which comes with webm)? or better use 1.4.2 jvm itself which works well.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG, Actually we had call with SAG support on this issue and I have been misguided regarding the stack overflow and I by myself went and downloaded the unlimited JCE for 1.5 all the way from scratch. After restarting the server everything worked fine. I would like to update. Thanks for all your help, Chandra.

Hi, Actually we are currently testing the backup scripts that used to run on the Old webMethods production box and now we want to apply them on our new production boxes since we recently migrated to the new boxes. As a part of the testing process, I am executing those scripts on the test box, I am encountering some issues.when I am running the command at the command prompt on the server box I am getting the following error. Could you please advise. To give you a high level overview. Actually the command below I am running starts with rcmd(remote command)and it connects to the server and runs shutdownserver.bat file which has Jar file embedded. One more thing, when I run the Jar file by itself it is working fine. I am just wondering why is it failing when I am running through rcmd command. looks like the reason is version mismatch, But the .jar file compiled on 1.5 and the system is pointing to the same version in the Path variable in Environment variable. Any help is really appreciated. rcmd \servername D:\webmethods65\shutdownserver.bat Executing on \servername: D:\webmethods65\shutdownserver.bat C:\Documents and Settings\Default User>D: D:>cd \webMethods65 D:\webMethods65>java -jar shutdownwebmethodsintegrationserverinstances.jar 1 java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: shutdownwebmethodsintegrationserverinsta nces/ShutdownWMInstances (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source) Exception in thread "main" Remote server \greiftmsdevmid disconnected Thanks, Capri_lak

HI, Actually, we have integration which make use of HTTPS AS2 protocol communication with the customer and we are exchanging the certificates as well. The customer is updating their production certificates and sent us the updated ones and We need to install them on our end wherever it is necessary. I am just wondering once I installed the certificates in the Admin console and TN Console Do I need to restart the server to make that change effect or restart doesn’t required. Actually they suggested us to do during regular business hours, So Production server restart during that time will be kind of down time during our regular business hours. I just want to be more sure that If it is mandatory, I would like to do If I not I would like to avoid the restart.Could any one please advise. Thanks, Capri_lak.