SSO enabled endpoint URL

Hi,
We are trying to call one web service, but the call is failing with malformed XML exception(soapHTTP and streamToSoapData are failing). The web service endpoint URL is SSO enabled, so we are getting HTML form (SSO login page) instead of soapResponse when calling that service.

Is there anyway to call SSO enabled endpoint urls on Integration server? I will appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Yarkar

Single Sign-On (SSO) for web services is typically accomplished by including the appropriate security token in either the http header or the Soap header of the request message.

The type of token and the means by which the service consumer obtains the token varies by implementation.

For example, you might call a login service in advance of calling the actual service to provide a set of credentials. The login service may use the credentials you provide to obtain a security token from an internal security server (often provided by an SSO software vendor). The login service returns the security token which can be used on subsequent service requests until it expires (usually only a few minutes).

In other implementations, the service consumer provides one set of credentials in the header of the request which are then used to transparently obtain a security token internally. This might involve exchanging one type of credentials (e.g. Kerberos) for another type (WS-Security token).

So, yes, there is a way to do this but the specifics depend entirely upon how the service was implemented. It is likely that you are being redirected to the HTML SSO sign-in page because your request does not contain the required security token or credentials with which to obtain one.

If the service provider’s documentation doesn’t cover this, you’ll need to meet with them to find out how they’ve implemented SSO. My preference is to first get this working using a testing tool such as SoapUI, then when that’s working well, do the equivalent within IS.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Mark,
Thanks for the suggestions. I will check with service provider about their SSO set up.

Thanks,
Yarkar

Great. Let us know what you find out.