SPoD Crashes

Please let me ask you one question: How to turn on the traces for Natural Studio and the Terminal Emulation? The online-Help tells me something about SYSOBJH, but I guess this is not the right place…

The Studio trace is activated in following way:

1. Replace in the natural bin folder 
   e.g.  C:\Program Files\Software AG\Natural\6.1.1\Bin
   the files
   natncm.dll
   natdvclient.dll
   by the corresponding trace files (available on the CD
   in path ...\Trace ).
2. Create a config file named as:
   C:\Program Files\Software AG\Natural\nctr.cfg 
   with this content :
     trace natdvclient/src/*:* default
     trace natncm/src/*:* default
3. Set environment variables (e.g.):
   VARIABLE:         VALUE: 
   NCTR_CONFIG       C:\Program Files\Software AG\Natural\nctr.cfg
   NCTR_OUTPUT       C:\Program Files\Software AG\Natural\nctr.out
   NCTR_STATE        1
   PALTRACE           3  

The trace will be written to C:\Program Files\Software AG\Natural\nctr.out
The PAL trace is written to C:\Program Files\Software AG\Natural\bin\NATPAL.TRC
The TE trace documentation follows as soon as possible.

Thanks for the info Klaus!

There is also a DEBUG folder on the CD (starting with PL18?) with files that look the same as the contents of \bin, any idea what are these for?

As far as I know, these binaries are compiled with the -debug option. It can be used on request to produce dumps containing symbolic informanion.

As far as I know, these binaries are compiled with the -debug option. It can be used on request to produce dumps containing symbolic informanion.

And here is how to to produce a TE trace:

Start program PCCAdmin.exe in your Natural directory under .\Terminal\Config (e.g. under C:\ Program Files\Software AG\Natural\6.X\Terminal\Config).
In PCCAdmin in menu File select Open and open the share-file NATSHARE411.SAG in your Natural directory .\Etc. (UserId is SYSTEM without password).

Define the destination directory for the trace output:
Open the user SYSTEM and select the Procedure tab. Set the Log & Trace directory to an existing directory.

Switch on the TE Trace:
Under “Terminal Objects->Host sessions” open the desired session (for me it was the file NATURAL). If you run with TMODEL=4 it might be NATURAL-4 or NATURAL-US if you run your TE with US codepage. Select the Test tab and enable checkbox Communication Trace.

Now terminate the process NatPCCServer2 with the task manager to induce a restart.

The trace is written to file MON00.TRC in the defined trace directory.

Meanwhile, my company moved on to natural 6.1.1 PL21. The abends are still there …

Another interesting abend-situation beside the SPoD-crashes: http://natural.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?t=474